JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1800
Manufacturer
Browning
Caliber
20 Gauge
City
Tigard
State
Oregon
Zip Code
This is the most near-new, beautiful Browning Auto-5 20ga. I have ever seen. It is very lightweight, balanced, and elegant. Finish and wood are near perfect. The screws look like they have never been removed. I have only fired one box of #8 shells through this gun; before that, it must have been used very lightly, or not at all.

The receiver serial number indicates this gun was made in Belgium circa 1963, of the lightweight configuration.

It comes with two barrels:

-- One 26-inch genuine Browning-Miroku 2-3/4" marked "Invector Special Steel"

-- One 28-inch genuine Browning-Miroku 2-3/4" marked "Invector Plus Special Steel"

This gives you the best of both worlds: original Belgian action and wood, but with two genuine Browning Miroku barrels, with interchangeable chokes that are rated for use with steel shot. The 28-in barrel I purchased from Art's Gun Shop (a well-respected gunsmith specializing in the Auto-5). It was "New Old Stock" still in the box---never used. The value and versatility of these barrels makes this a sweet deal.

The following genuine Browning choke tubes are included:

-- Invector: IC (lead)/Mod (steel)

-- Invector Plus: IC (lead)/Mod (steel); Mod (lead)/IM (steel); Full (lead)

Note that Invector and Invector Plus are not compatible. The 26" barrel takes the Invector tubes; the 28" barrel takes the Invector Plus tubes.

If you are reading this, you probably already know about Browning's Auto-5, and you know what this is. It is a recoil operated, 5-shot auto-loader, with gold plated trigger, checkered pistol grip, blonde stock and forearm. John Browning, who had a lot of inventions to choose from, considered the Auto-5 to be his greatest achievement. A super-light 20-bore like this will make a superb field gun.

The gun is a beauty, but I reluctantly need to sell it to buy a different gun (ain't that always the case?)

$2000. Can do transfer at FFL in Tigard.

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg IMG_3899.jpg IMG_3898.jpg IMG_3901.jpg IMG_4185.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
The gun had the 26-in Miroku barrel when I bought it. I subsequently bought the additional 28-in barrel. Not sure what barrel it had in 1963, but I don't have it. Thanks for looking!

Just curious, how did you come up with the value on this beauty? I inherited a 1960 lightweight 12g from my grandfather after he passed. Will never let go of it, it's priceless to me. Just curious. Good luck with your sale

Just curious, how did you come up with the value on this beauty? I inherited a 1960 lightweight 12g from my grandfather after he passed. Will never let go of it, it's priceless to me. Just curious. Good luck with your sale

I priced it based on what I have seen these models sell for.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.