JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The half sized Vietnam Veterans Memorial "THE WALL" will be in Albany Oregon at Timber Linn Memorial Park located just off I-5 on Price Road from 10:00 AM Thursday August 8th till 5 PM Sunday August 11th. The display is free, but donations are accepted.

This display will help to promote the new educational center and museum currently under construction in Washington D.C. In conjunction with this nationwide tour is an effort to obtain a photograph of every one of the 58,282 Veterans killed or missing from the war in Vietnam. 709 Oregonians lost their lives in that war. We are asking for photos and any information about those Oregon veterans.

The opening ceremony will commence at 10:00 AM Thursday August 8th and will include placing the Gold Star Mother and POW/MIA wreaths and the POW/MIA Empty Table ceremony. After that Memorial Service a photo of an Oregonian that lost his life in the Vietnam War will be presented to Jan Scruggs, founder of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund. (VVMF)

For additional information:

Jim Willis, Project chairman
503-559-1806

Louie White
541-401-1063

Last edited by a moderator:
If it has even half the impact as the original you will be overwhelmed. My brother was almost on that wall, having been standing next to a mine when it went off, but miraculously survived.

Went to see the "Wall" when it was up my way a few years ago. Got choked up and couldn't talk for a half hour or so. Wife just stayed back and let things run the course.
I saw it once but don't need to go again.
Binh Din Province '69.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top