JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if its actual Vietnam era then it first should be a Colt Sp1 large front pivot pin slab side or A1 receiver skinny 1/12 barrel slab side lower receiver

A1 stock A1 hangaurds, flat delta ring , A1 grip , colt markings "C" on barrel receiver carrier bolt marked MP or MPC

Realistically: $900-1500 depending on condition and serial # range.

But all of the "panic pricing" BS will probably move that higher....:(

"Pre-ban" means NOTHING in this state, FWIW, don't let a buyer make you think it puts a premium on a rifle.

OTOH, being a Colt SP1, would mean that it is generally worth more than the "average" AR15.

depending on the shape, they can go for $1,2000.00 or better. I have one and kept the old upper, but I built a later upper for it. The early ones did not have a forward assist either. :s0155:

Hmm, perhaps to you. They seem to go for much more on Gunbroker...

I've got one that is SN ~7000 and I suspect that it is worth more than $900. I know it was last year, before the panic buying.

if you have a 4 digit serical # such as SP7000 it would be worth much more as it would be pre 70

You can with an adapter pin. They are available from Bushmaster and Brownells.

It would look kinda funny though. The SP1s are slick-sided.

Naw they don't look funny at all but the colors won't match as all new stuff is black and older colt and eagle stuff are gray unless your handy at refinishing or find a rare colt gray flat top off a 6700 or early tactical carbine or extreemly rare original factory gray m4

Awe I get it your talking about AR semi autos only. Imagine if he was offered a GM Hydramatic. Now that would be a steal at $900-$1100.

Yup, 4 digit. And it probably has less than 100 rounds through it.

We also had a SN 4xxx, ex-Vietnam, full-auto registered "Colt Armalite AR15" in the family, but my dad sold it before he died. :-(

AR002.jpg

I built 2, but only the uppers are Colt.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top