JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Part of a series, this guest column talks about the South Korean soldiers that fought in the Vietnam War. Reminds me of what a Vietnam combat vet told me years ago: Korean units wouldn't put up barbed wire around their camps, almost inviting Charlie in. "Come on in....let's party!"

Article says that now Vietnamese villagers tell stories of Asian looking ghosts in American uniforms...

Opinion | Vietnam's South Korean Ghosts

Spent a little time in the hospital at Cam Ranh Bay getting over jungle rot and hookworm. The Korean soldiers in the hospital were impressive. While we Americans sat around convalescing, the Korean patients were in formation practicing martial arts. I once sat down with a few Korean patients to play a little poker. My first mistake was dealing left to right. Since our shirts were open to the right and a card could be slid into the opening, they dealt right to left. All four of the ROK's raised hell. I quickly apologized and dealt their way. Couldn't lose my money fast enough to get out of there with my life. Glad they were on our side.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top