JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't remember the war itself. My first clear childhood memory of any world event was the fall of Saigon in 1975.
The last choppers taking off, or being pushed into the sea.
I remember feeling bad for all those scared people running for their lives down roads to try to find safety somewhere. I was too young then to understand why all that was happening.
The consequences of defeat.

I watched this and openly wept. I can't think about this without being both angry and prone to rage. In the immortal words of Elmer Keith: Hell, I was there!

Please, don't get me started.

I was a PFC in '65 with the 173rd Airborne Brigade (I was not airborne but they raided the hospital in Okinawa for medics, they only got two, me and another poor sap) I did get a Combat Medical Badge MOS 911.20, but in'66 I left Benning and was on a ship (USS General Pope) to RVN with the 199th Light Infantry. I ETS's (got out) the end of July from 2nd Bn 3rd Inf as a SP5 (E-5) now the same MOS but it was called 91B, same as today. I went back in six months later, went to flight school and back to RVN in early '69 as a WO1. I was in the Big Red One, A Co 1st Av Bn and went to Texas in early '70. January 71 I was in Can Tho, RVN, 191 Assault Helicopter Company and about September '71 went across the runway to C Troop 16th Cav till August '72 then to Fort Lewis.
So yes I have a lot of memories. I do not want to return, I have no forgive and forget in me.

I was a PFC in '65 with the 173rd Airborne Brigade (I was not airborne but they raided the hospital in Okinawa for medics, they only got two, me and another poor sap) I did get a Combat Medical Badge MOS 911.20, but in'66 I left Benning and was on a ship (USS General Pope) to RVN with the 199th Light Infantry. I ETS's (got out) the end of July from 2nd Bn 3rd Inf as a SP5 (E-5) now the same MOS but it was called 91B, same as today. I went back in six months later, went to flight school and back to RVN in early '69 as a WO1. I was in the Big Red One, A Co 1st Av Bn and went to Texas in early '70. January 71 I was in Can Tho, RVN, 191 Assault Helicopter Company and about September '71 went across the runway to C Troop 16th Cav till August '72 then to Fort Lewis.
So yes I have a lot of memories. I do not want to return, I have no forgive and forget in me.
Thank you for your service.
I would not qualify to carry your water.

Welcome home, brother. I understand how you feel. The VietMinh, NVA and VC were all "sons of dogs". I don't care what anyone says, we just "left too soon" for my taste.

Even stateside, I had a belly full of what they did to your and all my other "brothers from another mother". I was mad as hell on April 29, 1975 and I have had a knot in my belly ever since.

Forgive and forget, my ***!

We will NEVER forget!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top