Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Video with easy "dope" for shooting inclines

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Quackerbacker, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Quackerbacker

Quackerbacker Springfield, OR Active Member

First off, mathematics in general have never been my strong point. I've been searching for a method since i hunt steep country and this years hunt could actually have some fair distances involved. This guys method seems like something i could work with, pretty simple and straight forward. Problem is, i don't think i get it.

How the bubblegum are the two "constants" 115 and 1?! Are they always 115 and 1?

[video=youtube;1mhX4VQb-A4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mhX4VQb-A4[/video]

So let's say it's a 30 degree angle and 325 yds to the target by laser. I subtract 30 from 115: 85 - minus 1: 84. So then i just go 325 x .84 for 273 and take the shot as though it's 273 yards level right?

So for me with my rifle, a normal drop at 325 is 7", at 275 it's 5", this should work?

2. Quackerbacker

Quackerbacker Springfield, OR Active Member

"bubblegum" heh ;)

3. Skier

Skier Beaverton/Washington County Active Member

based on math shown, why not just use 114 - angle, instead of 115 minus angle minus 1...