Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Video: Security guard saves lives with an AR-15 rifle

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Steve32, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Steve32

Steve32 US Active Member

[video=youtube;COZm7uCCjHM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COZm7uCCjHM[/video]

2. Viper84

Viper84 Bellingham, WA Member

Alex Trebek: Things never to be shown on the media.
    Sean Connery: SUCK IT TREBEK.

3. nwdrifter

nwdrifter troutdale oregon Active Member

more democrats hard at work

4. Blue Devil PA

Blue Devil PA Boise Active Member

It would have sucked to be the neighbor across the street. ARs are great but the standard rounds do penetrate into the average suburban house fairly well. All things being equal, if you are in a densely populated area shooting an AR in a high stress situation without recent and intense training maybe you should think about a shotgun with buckshot or some other weapon without high penetration values.

5. Stokes

Stokes Washington State Member

I absolutely agree with you about training and back stops, but ARs really aren't the over-penetrators that legend persists. They are a fantastic tool for urban and residential areas.

6. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

correct me if I'm wrong but buckshot will penetrate more than an AR 223

7. Blue Devil PA

Blue Devil PA Boise Active Member

Sorry to mis-speak (if I am wrong), but I should have to looked at the penetration data before making that statement. I think box-o-truth has a few videos out on it and even suggests his later videos are more precise in information of 5.56 versus buckshot.

Thanks for pointing that oversight out.

8. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

The security guard was a careless, lousy shot. Shooting through the drywall blind was foolish when there were good guys in the next room he was aiming at also. My guess is that was an ND.

If he would have chased them further, shot them in the back as they were fleeing, he'd be in deep legal trouble (sadly).

Not the best 'pro-AR-15' video that is for sure. I would surely prefer a shotgun (00) or 45acp (HPs) pistol under those conditions (AR - too worried about innocents past target), short range; either way I feel for those folk's hearing - ugh.

PMKN_PI and (deleted member) like this.