JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It would have sucked to be the neighbor across the street. ARs are great but the standard rounds do penetrate into the average suburban house fairly well. All things being equal, if you are in a densely populated area shooting an AR in a high stress situation without recent and intense training maybe you should think about a shotgun with buckshot or some other weapon without high penetration values.

It would have sucked to be the neighbor across the street. ARs are great but the standard rounds do penetrate into the average suburban house fairly well. All things being equal, if you are in a densely populated area shooting an AR in a high stress situation without recent and intense training maybe you should think about a shotgun with buckshot or some other weapon without high penetration values.

I absolutely agree with you about training and back stops, but ARs really aren't the over-penetrators that legend persists. They are a fantastic tool for urban and residential areas.

correct me if I'm wrong but buckshot will penetrate more than an AR 223

Sorry to mis-speak (if I am wrong), but I should have to looked at the penetration data before making that statement. I think box-o-truth has a few videos out on it and even suggests his later videos are more precise in information of 5.56 versus buckshot.

Thanks for pointing that oversight out.

The security guard was a careless, lousy shot. Shooting through the drywall blind was foolish when there were good guys in the next room he was aiming at also. My guess is that was an ND.

If he would have chased them further, shot them in the back as they were fleeing, he'd be in deep legal trouble (sadly).

Not the best 'pro-AR-15' video that is for sure. I would surely prefer a shotgun (00) or 45acp (HPs) pistol under those conditions (AR - too worried about innocents past target), short range; either way I feel for those folk's hearing - ugh.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top