Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Video - Racking a Slide like a Lady

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ATCclears, Nov 16, 2012.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. del_and_bones

del_and_bones Anchorage, AK Physics Pirate

I'm going to show this to my fiance. She's been eyeing a Ruger SR9C but is worried about racking the slide/general operation.

3. jonn5335

jonn5335 Longview Active Member

Apparently I've been racking my slide like a lady my whole life and now everyone is going to know it. Call me crazy but I like to visually see that a round is chambering when I manually rack the slide and make sure the chamber/mag is empty when I think it is. I have always used my whole hand gripping the slide and probably always will I guess I just like to have more control over my slide then just my finger and thumb.

4. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Most of the instructor's who know anything teach everyone how to rack a slide like this.

It gives you much more control than the finger thumb method. Not to mention, if you are wearing gloves or heavy clothing you can't do the finger thumb method as easily.

5. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

6. Lindy

Lindy Central Ca. Member

I use the Finger-Thumb method to clear a stoppage because You have to be very careful when using the other method not to cover the ejection port with Your Hand or
    fingers and keep a round from exiting the port and causeing an unwanted stoppage. when things get real exciting, it is to easy to forget about keeping Your hand out
    of the way. Just My 2

Good Shooting

Lindy