JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apparently I've been racking my slide like a lady my whole life and now everyone is going to know it. Call me crazy but I like to visually see that a round is chambering when I manually rack the slide and make sure the chamber/mag is empty when I think it is. I have always used my whole hand gripping the slide and probably always will I guess I just like to have more control over my slide then just my finger and thumb.

Most of the instructor's who know anything teach everyone how to rack a slide like this.

It gives you much more control than the finger thumb method. Not to mention, if you are wearing gloves or heavy clothing you can't do the finger thumb method as easily.

I use the Finger-Thumb method to clear a stoppage because You have to be very careful when using the other method not to cover the ejection port with Your Hand or
fingers and keep a round from exiting the port and causeing an unwanted stoppage. when things get real exciting, it is to easy to forget about keeping Your hand out
of the way. Just My 2

Good Shooting

Lindy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR