JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The video would not play on my phone so I had to wait until I got home. Did I hear Obummer say "Even without Congress" they would act?! Makes me wonder how Executive orders and the U.N. will play into that comment.

Then Obummer followed that comment by whinning that they could do more IF Congress can get their act together. Isn't it the purpose of Congress to keep the President in check. Ya I think so. Mr. Obummer the people have spoken and they said "NO"!!!

Get the right people into the White House, I suppose Obummer will need to dig into his pockets and pay more people off to vote his way. I'll tell ya the NRA will see that one coming. The NRA has been around for a long time and there is a reason for that. They keep Tyrants such as Obummer in check.

I am deeply sorry for the tragedy that occurred in Newton, I really am. But the action of one should not out weigh the needs of the many and force change on a nation. Change is needed but NOT what Obummer is proposing.

Obummer sit your ARSE down and focus on the area's that really need your attention.

The worst time to make a speech is when you have a piece of rejected legislation stuffed sideways up your cornchute.
Barry and Joey Bidet and Mikail Bloombugger are all grimacing and walking funny right about now.

yes, i'm glad these laws are going down but excessive celebration etc will be seen as dancing on the graves of sandy hook, much like many accuse obama/biden of using sandy hook to further an agenda. sadly, both of these may be true in some cases.

Actually, I'm dancing on the graves of all the CITIZENS who have fought and died to establish, and preserve our Constitutional rights, because as of today, concerning THIS... their sacrifice was not in vain.

Actually, I'm dancing on the graves of all the CITIZENS who have fought and died to establish, and preserve our Constitutional rights, because as of today, concerning THIS... their sacrifice was not in vain.

You wouldn't say that if you knew what the phrase dancing on graves really means.

Dancing on graves is akin to spitting on their memory... So, YOU ARE DANCING ON THE GRAVES OF FALLEN SOLDIERS AND HEROES.

Read a book sometime.

All I'm saying is to be mature in victory or defeat. But hey never mind. There is no disagreement here. I'm a lifetime NRA member, supporter of Oregon Firearms Federation etc. I have written all of my elected officials to express my disapproval of all new gun control measures.

So please, keep flaming someone who shares your belief in the 2nd amendment.

Hey Listen y'all....

The fight is now here in Oregon, there are 4 bills that passed the judiciary committee, the most important is S.B. 700... Oregons own version of 'Universal Background Checks'. If ol' barry and joey-b can't get it the through federal level they will push it at the state level. Nothing has been said yet, but I fell as though they want to show how 'Oregon' is so much better than congress by passing this bill. We need this S.B. 700 defeated to continue this momentum. The next three years are going to painful. Barry has nothing to lose and a bunch of promises to keep to his puppet master(s).

Oh... and a big thank you to the NRA!

SF-

You wouldn't say that if you knew what the phrase dancing on graves really means.

Dancing on graves is akin to spitting on their memory... So, YOU ARE DANCING ON THE GRAVES OF FALLEN SOLDIERS AND HEROES.

Read a book sometime.

All I'm saying is to be mature in victory or defeat. But hey never mind. There is no disagreement here. I'm a lifetime NRA member, supporter of Oregon Firearms Federation etc. I have written all of my elected officials to express my disapproval of all new gun control measures.

So please, keep flaming someone who shares your belief in the 2nd amendment.

I'm exceptionally well read, and I know what the expression means. There's a figure of speech that's loosely called a "play on words" motivated by the previous comments of someone who has either a very dry/uptight outlook on life, takes themself too seriously, or both.

As for being "mature", I'm a resposible (and successful... thank God) dad to six kids who is "responsible" all the time. What I can barely abide is low-information oposition that wouldn't know an original thought if it was stuffed up their noses, or overly cautious wet-blankets that actually gives a rat's arse over what those low-information water heads think... Therefore you should learn to recognize (and deal with) the levity that so adroitly gets laid down around here by some of the resident consumate artists of said practices.

BTW- I'm a "blooded" 8-yr. Army vet, who has laid a few of his buddies into the ground.... talk to me about graves. Just sayin'. ;)

so you saying that you were dancing on graves of fallen heroes was sarcastic humor? fair enough. you win. and yes i take myself too seriously ;) but don't hate me until you know me.
*i'm very dry too.

I'm exceptionally well read, and I know what the expression means. There's a figure of speech that's loosely called a "play on words" motivated by the previous comments of someone who has either a very dry/uptight outlook on life, takes themself too seriously, or both.

As for being "mature", I'm a resposible (and successful... thank God) dad to six kids who is "responsible" all the time. What I can barely abide is low-information oposition that wouldn't know an original thought if it was stuffed up their noses, or overly cautious wet-blankets that actually gives a rat's arse over what those low-information water heads think... Therefore you should learn to recognize (and deal with) the levity that so adroitly gets laid down around here by some of the resident consumate artists of said practices.

BTW- I'm a "blooded" 8-yr. Army vet, who has laid a few of his buddies into the ground.... talk to me about graves. Just sayin'. ;)

Did I hear Obummer say "Even without Congress" they would act?! Makes me wonder how Executive orders and the U.N. will play into that comment.

Biden let it slip earlier today that more Executive Orders were on the way. This might wind up to be as big a knock down drag out fight about abuse of Presidential power as we had with FDR.

so you saying that you were dancing on graves of fallen heroes was sarcastic humor? fair enough. you win. and yes i take myself too seriously ;) but don't hate me until you know me.
*i'm very dry too.

Naw, you haven't posted enough to get a real feel for hatin' ya, or not. So you are like a "vodka martini" with extra vermouth and a green olive... Dry. If I had a dollar for every "new" poster that comes to these boards (and eventually goes) and says they're pro-2A, then proceed to revile, pick apart EVERYTHING everyone says around here, and even defends the actions and attitudes of the anti's... I could retire.

Off the top of my head... There was "bugeye", "fdsk15", and currently "Kevatc" (BTW-who should NEVER make book on odds based on "research" and conclusions of "credibility", he SUCKS at it... LOL)... to name just a few. (know any of them?). ;)

Anywho... Back on topic!

SunTzu, This have absolutely nothing to do with Sandy Hook and the people that died there. The person or people that did that needs to be held accountable not the whole nation.

I fully agree with Father of Four here. At the same time, I understand SunTzu's point. I don't think they're mutually exclusive.

For each person that truly believes in trampling our rights (and deserves our scorn), there are many that mean well and may be otherwise very intelligent, but are simply misinformed. Giving the impression that we're "dancing on graves" pushes those well meaning but uneducated people farther from our cause. Interacting with them in a very respectful, considerate manner in an attempt to educate them can win converts, or at the least reduce some of their support for the other side. Anyone that truly cares about 2A rights should be very conscious of HOW they promote and defend their rights.

Now, SunTzu, a lot of us were very concerned about this issue, and I do think a bit of celebration is ok. A lot of these guys put a significant amount of effort into communicating with their senators (THANK YOU). They're entitled to a bit of joyous ranting. Many of the "shame on you" statements currently coming from the anti 2A crowd are a bit sickening.

Naw, you haven't posted enough to get a real feel for hatin' ya, or not. So you are like a "vodka martini" with extra vermouth and a green olive... Dry. If I had a dollar for every "new" poster that comes to these boards (and eventually goes) and says they're pro-2A, then proceed to revile, pick apart EVERYTHING everyone says around here, and even defends the actions and attitudes of the anti's... I could retire.

Off the top of my head... There was "bugeye", "fdsk15", and currently "Kevatc" (BTW-who should NEVER make book on odds based on "research" and conclusions of "credibility", he SUCKS at it... LOL)... to name just a few. (know any of them?). ;)

Anywho... Back on topic!

No I don't know them nor do I care to. My main motivation for being on this forum is the classifieds section as a means of obtaining reloading supplies. And I'm more of a scotch man but I'm also currently "dry" of the sauce too; perhaps that's why I'm grouchy.

Anyway, back on topic we're not out of the woods yet and there are a bunch of gun-grabbers working on the state level to challenge our way of life: Moving "Closer and Closer" to Gun Control Bills - Oregon Firearms Federation

Yes I'm a pessimist/realist but the truth is the pro-gun/anti-gun war isn't over. Now, we need to ask ourselves what may be the backlash to the Boston Attack??? Will reloading supplies be demonized???

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top