JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perfect example of why a firearm locked in safe would have posed a problem with quickly responding to the intruders. Perhaps a small bio-metric with a handgun in it would be quicker, but this went down pretty quick. And unless you drop some scratch on one of those little safes, you'll likely end up with a Chinese imported POS that works 50% of the time.

To echo what JohnnyMac said.. this is a great reason why lockup laws are bogus.

These peaceful angels just wanted to have a surprise midnight tea party with the homeowner, Im sure of it. How dare we allow home owners to quickly defend themselves, think of the children!!!

The safe storage law is a tack on law. As in, you messed up and now we know so we're going to tack on that extra charge.

If you don't have kids, then you don't have a kid who may take your gun and shoot up their school. If you have kids, then you've already secured the weapons in a manner that fits your lifestyle and needs and you've addressed the probability of it being your child to go off the rails.

This video, to me, highlights why it's important to live in the best area possible. Follow that by having a security system of some kind.

I have a toddler and yea, my stuff is locked up. It'll take me a solid 8 seconds to get from bed to having gun in hand. That's what the dog is for.

We should be talking about how the homeowner had two large men in a fatal funnel and still managed to miss. Lucky the neighbors on the other side of the street didn't get hurt. Was there a better place to shoot from or better time that would have minimized collateral potential? Did the homeowner really try to shoot them or did he miss on purpose and prey they'd spook?

I'm sorry but that home owner did not go from Surprise! To shooting that fast without some warning! He was watching the video of his porch, or knew they were comming!
Targeted home invasions are planned because the home owner has something they know is there! Drugs, Money, someone who owes them, etc... DR

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top