JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you don't want to watch the video, "Import" is well defined as part of RCW revisions related to SB5078.

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Bills/Session Laws/Senate/5078-S.SL.pdf

(38) "Import" means to move, transport, or receive an item from a 12 place outside the territorial limits of the state of Washington to a 13 place inside the territorial limits of the state of Washington. 14 "Import" does not mean situations where an individual possesses a 15 large capacity magazine when departing from, and returning to, 16 Washington state, so long as the individual is returning to 17 Washington in possession of the same large capacity magazine the 18 individual transported out of state.

Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, discusses the not-so-uncommon instance in which an individual who resides out of state wishes to enter Washington possessing what we now refer to as "high capacity magazines." Or, what of the situation in which you live in Washington state, then depart out state possessing high capacity magazines, but then returns to Washington still possessing those magazines? Are they engaged in the act of unlawfully "importing" high capacity magazines as now prohibited by SB 5078. We examine the law and the actual definition of "import" to actually get you an answer to this question. Arm yourself with education today.

Precisely as I have tried to explain to that RX guy... :rolleyes:

So people that will be moving into Washington State after midnight July 1, 2022 they will have to sell or leave behind their standard capacity magazines. They will have to buy magazines that hold no more than 10 rounds.

So people that will be moving into Washington State after midnight July 1, 2022 they will have to sell or leave behind their standard capacity magazines.
Not quite correct... after midnight of June 30, 2022 (that is, 1 nanosecond after midnight on June 30th, which then makes it very early in the morning of July 1, 2022). If they wait until after midnight on July 1, 2022, then they've waited 24 hours too long.
They will have to buy magazines that hold no more than 10 rounds.
Yes, to be in compliance with the new BS law. If that matters to them...

Last Edited:
If you don't want to watch the video, "Import" is well defined as part of RCW revisions related to SB5078.

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Bills/Session Laws/Senate/5078-S.SL.pdf

(38) "Import" means to move, transport, or receive an item from a 12 place outside the territorial limits of the state of Washington to a 13 place inside the territorial limits of the state of Washington. 14 "Import" does not mean situations where an individual possesses a 15 large capacity magazine when departing from, and returning to, 16 Washington state, so long as the individual is returning to 17 Washington in possession of the same large capacity magazine the 18 individual transported out of state.

I'm not sure I agree on his reading of the "import" language. I read it to have a specific sequence. It's OK as long as it is the same magazine and that magazine is already owned when leaving, and then returning to, WA. There is no language about a person not in this state first entering and then departing WA with the same magazine. (opposite sequence) Also transport is included in the definition of import under this bill.

That's precisely the absurdity of it all... they can't.
They can, but probably won't.

If a WA state resident, has a mag with a date code of manufacture after June 30th, 2022, within the state of WA, AND is caught with same within the state of WA, AND the LEO/prosecutor/et. al. is interested in prosecuting that person, then they might enforce this new law.

I doubt they will, but if the gov has some other reason for wanting to prosecute you, then they may add it onto other charges, or if they can't get you on other charges, then they can fall back on this new law.

That said, this is mostly just security theater.

So.... another reason not to cross the border into washington. I already have to be careful not to enter the state with a prohibited knife, now I'll have to watch what firearm I decide to carry. :rolleyes:

I'm going to have the date stamps on my magazines engraved in Sanskrit. By the time the Asinine Terminators of Freedom agents figure out if I'm in compliance or not, the law will have sunset.

FJB

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads