JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Exellent one sided story she states that it is hard for the officer to recall what happened what about the other side of the story ? what you say to the police will can and will be used against you is that fair ??????

When any human goes thru a critical incident, the mind/body does some strange things that some folks would think are interpreted as being guarded, obstinate etc.

Some parts of the incident come thru very vivid, while other parts are a jigsaw puzzle at best. Sometimes it takes awhile for the mind/body to digest what happened...and some people never get to that point.

What I'm trying to get across Wichaka is the police will ask questions at the scene if you say anything right , wrong or indifferent they can bring that up in court the officer might not have heard correctly or in the context you meant your in effect , screwed because the court will take his word as gospel.
That's wrong in my book.

I'm in total agreement with you, that's why one shouldn't say anything at the scene...especially if they were involved in a shooting.

It's an extremely high emotional time for all involved, even if one was not the shooter. People need time to calm down before they make any statements.

Police are allowed to do that, citizens should be allowed as well.

There are 3 things I recommend being said to the investigators to help with the speed, accuracy, and efficiency of the investigation;

1 - Who was involved;

2 - Where the incident occurred, even if there is more than one scene/area;

3 - Where any evidence can be found, such as a weapon(s) etc.

I know many folks will chime in here and flat say...don't say a word...but being in the system for many years, I can attest that the above will never hurt you in any legal way. Just make sure you don't run off with the mouth...too much.

"You may remain silent. What you say can and will be used..." to the utmost degree to alleviate your terror, to provide the best defense possible to you, and to give you peace that surpasses understanding. Now, tell me again why I should utter ONE PEEP to the LEO on site. NOT WITHOUT COUNSEL. That is the law.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top