JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If anyone's interested I just posted a new video of my newer suppressed 9mm AR. I finally had a chance to play around with the new software and get mad with the codecs.

This is my latest suppressor. Due to a lot of crap going on this project took a year and a half to complete. The main issue was getting my Steve to mill out the upper to use it with the Oly Glock lower. I wanted to go with a upper without a forward assist so I went with a Les Baer upper receiver which had to be modified. I just recently scored the Tri-power with mount for a good deal. Overall I couldn't be happier with the setup. It's quickly becoming my favorite firearm to shoot.

For the video I wanted to show some different point's of view and distances for the audio as an experiment. I really wish I could spring for a decent sound setup separate from the camera, one without compression. Maybe someday when I have bought all the NFA I want.......... oh well forget that idea.

I wanted to say thanks to:

Doug at SRT for doing a great job on a sweet suppressor.
Pat at Oregon Research Labs LLC for handling most of my local NFA stuff.
John at Silencerresearch as his review of Doug's upper pushed me over the edge.
Steve at J&S Gunparts for doing the work on the upper receiver and getting my the overall rifle.

9mmSuppressedTwins001.jpg

Figure roughly $2500 not including mags and my second upper and optics I have for it. It would cost a touch more than that as I purchased some components for good deals like the hand guard and upper receiver. It's a lot of money for me, but it's something I've been wanting for a long time. It was a good day when I took possession of it as I also received my Tromix 8" S-12 and Warlock suppressor. The wait on the Tromix was almost the same time.

Fantastic! Very impressive performance. I particulary like the intregal barrel/suppressor setup on the AR platform. I'm assuming it was a dry setup?

Yes, but you could run it wet. that won't gain you much as most of the noise is the action/bolt. It does get a bit noisier if I run it with a standard buffer.

Yes, but you could run it wet. that won't gain you much as most of the noise is the action/bolt. It does get a bit noisier if I run it with a standard buffer.

It appears from the video that the cycle time is quite slow (Enidine hydraulic buffer?). What modifications, if any, did you make to the gas system to keep the cycle time as slow as it appears? Is the increase in the back pressure caused by the suppressor offset by the 9mm, or did you reduce the port size?

Although there are a few somewhat experimental gas operated pistol caliber ARs out there they are direct blowback. The only way really to change the dwell time of the bolt is to make it heavier or increase the weight of the buffer or buffer spring tension. You can run the 9mm PCC with a standard carbine buffer, but running a heavier weight one increases dwell time. This reduces bolt speed which actually reduces recoil from the bolt slamming back and decreases port noise as more gas goes down the barrel instead of out the port. On a larger calibered PCC you need to run a heavier buffer they put more stress on the lower receiver.

The Olympic Arms system (bolt) has a bit more drag on it compared to a RRA/Colt PCC system as the ejector pushes on the bolt. I was running some of my slightly underpowered reloads (- 0.1gr) for that video as they were what I grabbed that day. I actually had some short cycles that day. That's why the bolt didn't lock back on the last round in the video.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top