JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is a video of the Hughes amendment of the 1986 FOPA being voted down in the House:

YouTube - FOPA Hughes Amendment VOTE APRIL 10 1986

Nonetheless, Charlie Rangel "deemed" the amendment passed, the Senate included the defeated amendment and passed S.B. 49, Reagan signed it.

More details on Rangel's criminality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act#Machine_Gun_Ban:_The_Hughes_Amendment

The fact that the government has gotten away with this is astounding, the entire basis of the voting legislature is rotten. In more recent times, Pelosi and Reid used the same technique to "pass" the healthcare bill.

Like this dictator:

Funny thing that you've posted that picture. I was just having a conversation with a friend from work about different stuff and somehow I got onto talking about the time when FDR was president. After going though some of his actions I concluded that he was the first US Fascist president. Before you call me nuts, consider the following: he ordered (via executive order) confiscation of private property (gold) , he interned US citizens of Japanese descent into camps, his administration is responsible for the federal government crapping all over the 10th amendment since he was in office (look up Wickard v. Filburn).
Additionally his ego was so huge that he ignored the president set forth by George Washington and ran for a 3rd term (men greater than him have not done so in the past).

^

Agreed on all points, but I'd say Lincoln was the first and most brutal dictator in US history. Suspension of habeas corpus, mass suppression of dissenting media, arrest and jailing of political opponents (i.e. anyone who disagreed with his war or the way he ran it), confiscation and nationalization of private assets for the war, forced conscription, the list goes on.

Naturally, the statists built a shrine to worship the murderous scumbag.

^

Agreed on all points, but I'd say Lincoln was the first and most brutal dictator in US history. Suspension of habeas corpus, mass suppression of dissenting media, arrest and jailing of political opponents (i.e. anyone who disagreed with his war or the way he ran it), confiscation and nationalization of private assets for the war, forced conscription, the list goes on.

Naturally, the statists built a shrine to worship the murderous scumbag.

Have to agree with you as well. Suspension of habeas corpus should never be acceptable, although the constitution does allow it in cases of rebellion or invasion, but that power is reserved for the Congress and not the President. I'll have to review the presidency of Lincoln again. It's been too many years since I was in school. Funny how they always presented Lincoln as such a great man and president when if one reviews his actions against the background of his constitutional authority the fair conclusion is much different. We're always taught that the end does not justify the means, yet Lincoln sure as he11 did not live by that principle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top