JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a neighbor that has a barking dog. I love dogs, but damn. So I asked the neighbor if they could calm him down a bit. They tell me if he is ever too rowdy just come over and throw him in the house.

I ask how. "We don't lock our doors"

Somehow, there are still people out there that believe they are living in the 50s. They don't believe in securing their homes, locking and re-enforcing doors. Just some minimal planning and effort would have made this attack very difficult for the intruder.

Unless she walked around with a gun on her hip I don't know if a gun would have done her much good. Some 3" deck screws for the door hinges and jam and a metal security door (all a $300 investment) would have kept her from her beat down.

I have a female friend and asked her if she had a gun in her home for self defense. She said no, why would I need that? I say well maybe when a creep is prying your door open someday with a crowbar you might want to be able to stop them before you get robbed, raped, or killed.

Her response "why would anyone want to do that?" I mean come on! - Is this nanny state programming or what is up? I am not saying the victim in this case is not a victim, but people that do not want to want to make an effort toward their own security should not expect tremendous pity when bad things happen to them.

The same way when someone refuses to have any emergency supplies now should not be pitied when they are desperate and starving down the road.

Choices.

Burt,

The sheep just believe what they are told and think that it could never happen to them. You have to remember that your friend probably buys into the thinking that if she had a gun that it would more likely be used to kill her than to save her. How many times have we heard that one? I get heck from my old lady all the time about always having the door locked even when I am home during the day on a weekend or something. I always tell her that I do it because I would rather know when someone enters my house than be surprised. She still gives me a hard time, but she accepts it.

I wish we lived in a world where an unlocked door wouldn't matter. Where you could walk down a dark street and not have to be on alert 360.

But we don't.

I watch that show "I survived". Just about every person that ends up in peril, including rape victims, would have not been victims if they would have just taken some minimal effort at security ahead of time. Of course, NONE of the victims I've ever seen had a gun for defense.

At the end - 'God is the reason I am still alive." After they are brutally raped or maimed; I always chuckle over that. God should have walked your arse over to Cabela's beforehand for a gun and ammo lady then you wouldn't have had to lay in a pool of your own blood.

Rage level: maximum :angry:

Hopefully this F** head gets caught and the husband can do the same to him while he's restrained.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think a metal door would've stopped this guy. She'd have to put bars on all the windows too. I think the best thing she could have done was just stay down. It seemed like the guy only kept coming back to her because she kept getting back up.

Fortunately I live in a pretty good neighborhood. People on my street even leave their garage doors up overnight all the time and I never hear of anything being stolen. Tools and everything in plain sight. I'm guessing they just forget, but one neighbor leaves his garage door open almost every other night. I would feel 100% comfortable not locking my doors at night, but I still do...

This is why I occasionally share these stories with my wife. I did discuss it with her over lunch. The likelihood of it happening to us is probably not big, but that doesn't mean I'm not prepared. My wife has warmed up to gun ownership A LOT since we went to a fellow NWFA member who gave her her first firearms instruction & introduction and just talked about the different aspects of gun ownership.

this was sick. This bubblegumer is lucky it was not my house. He throws this poor women around, i can't believe she was not hurt more. This is what home protection is for. Get a weapon learn to use it... protect yourself, and your child. I hope they catch this guy. Just agree with the rage level above.

...I have a female friend and asked her if she had a gun in her home for self defense. She said no, why would I need that? I say well maybe when a creep is prying your door open someday with a crowbar you might want to be able to stop them before you get robbed, raped, or killed.

Her response "why would anyone want to do that?" I mean come on! - Is this nanny state programming or what is up?...
Choices.

I can't fathom why anyone would want to do that either. However, that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of people who "do that" every year regardless of whether or not good people can wrap their heads around the reasons why.

And to people who live in a good neighborhood, that is where the bad folks go, to rob, rape, or murder. I know so many people who never lock their doors. I lock my door always. I live in a "good" area and on Mother's Day 2005 at 3 am a young druggie tried to gain entry to my home, took police over 30 minutes to show up. Fortunately I didn't have to shoot him.

Every exterior door in my house has at least 2 deadbolt locks and some 3. Every screw in the hinges and locks is 3" long. Every basement window is boarded up. And I have plenty of guns. This is the way my house has been for the last 30 years and I have had no problems thankfully. And I live in a low crime neighborhood. I now have severe degenerative and erosive inflammatory arthritis of my neck, spine and other parts of my body. If I was to be beaten like the unfortunate young lady was I would be dead. I therefor take as many precautions as I can to avoid such a situation which includes being armed.

But......according to liberals/progressives, this is a positive outcome.
Unfortunately you are right - and as I have stated before I firmly believe it is the unspoken belief of most liberals/progressives is it is better to be a victim than to prevail in self-defense over the attacker/aggressor.

Jeeze! That's no more disturbing than Burt's friends question of "why would anyone do that?"

Yep. She isn't anti-gun either. It is just that in her reality she doesn't see anyone ever wanting to break into her house or attacking her - it has never happened before - so it simply won't happen. I believe that is Normalcy Bias on a small scale.

I offered to even 'store' a weapon there, or a mace canister, you name it; no thanks! Pretty blonde girl, not so great neighborhood. Above ground pool next to the house so some neighborhood creep can get a preview first of his target.

You just can't fix naive (I say naive because on other matters she definitely is not stupid). Just a future victim that is for sure.

Pam Shoot.jpg

Pam Shoot.jpg

The law of averages is on her side but Murphy has a law too. Doors locked always, like when I'm cutting the lawn or working on the car. Kids never answer the door!, Had a hard time getting them to let me in a couple of times. Because of kids I don't carry or keep one ready but am seriously looking into options. My Grandpa used to keep one ready in EVERY room hidden but easily grabbed like under a pillow or in a drawer etc..
I need to show the wife this video and have a discussion.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top