JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't recall seeing this posted here but please forgive me if it already has. There's a 6+ minute video at the below link detailing Baltimore County PD's and Arizona DPS's, FNS pistols going off when they shouldn't. And from the video it appears that they can go off pretty easily. :s0001:

If you've got one of these guns you'll want to be careful and contact FN to see what they're doing about this.

Exclusive video reveals unexpected gunfire from police weapons

Baltimore County police are replacing its officers' guns that have now been shown, on video, to fire when they shouldn't.

On the other side of the country, the Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS) tested FNS pistols, the same type of pistol used by Baltimore County Police. The tests showing the malfunction were recorded, and a copy of the video was sent to Baltimore County. Operation: Crime and Justice requested the video through a Maryland Public Information Request, but county police denied us. Four months after filing a public information request with AZDPS, we received a copy.

Didn't FN have a recall or something a few years ago for something else related to the FNS?

Edit: Yeah, they sure did - for what looks like to be the same issue: FNS Service Bulletin | FN®

F'ing lovely. Just as I start looking into getting mine ready to keep, I find out this. While they say it's 'isolated' to certain pistols of a certain mfg range, i think they're trying to temper a bubblegumstorm of angry customers until more comes out that the entire line is garbage.

Time to check mine against the list...

I'm confused...they push the muzzle against something taking it out of battery a little, pull the trigger, then are surprised it goes off when it goes back into battery with the trigger still held?
Even with the finger outside of the trigger guard, they tap the top of the slide with a rubber hammer and the gun discharges.

Well I can make that one off the list...
I'd still take a SCAR17 tho.

Sorry for the like @Joe Link I have an ironic sense of humor. Maybe you can find a way to back out, or maybe you won't have a problem like this with your pistol. Surely can't be all of them!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top