JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's one

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/poll_78_percent_of_oregon_vote.html

The poll, by Public Policy Polling, of Raleigh, N.C., asked a number of questions about voter views on gun control laws. Asked to weigh in on "a criminal background check of every person who wants to buy a firearm," 78 percent supported such checks and 17 percent opposed them.

Big majorities also supported prohibiting stalkers or people subject to restraining orders from buying guns and criminal penalties for parents if their negligence results in a child's shooting death.

The robo-poll, conducted Jan. 22 and 23, also asked about the background check bill that Oregon lawmakers will take up next month. Of those polled 50 percent said they would be less likely to re-elect someone who opposes the bill, while 29 percent said they would be more likely to vote for a lawmaker who opposes it.

Of those who took the poll, 59 percent said they or someone in their household owns a gun. A total of 710 registered Oregon voters responded to the survey. It did not list a margin of error.
Wow, 710 people some how turns in to a statewide poll. That's selective polling right there. I love how they shoved those stats at the bottom of that piece because we all know a lot of people won't even get past the headline. Public Policy Polling should be more like Public Policy Trolling.

So far the foreign guy who just spoke was my favorite, I am curious as to which country he was referring, much emotion in his speech and he knows what comes of laws like this.

He is from Cuba he seen what can happen , he went through It Manny is my hero he knows and wants everyone to understand what will happen if you let them take your rights.

HA!
I found my comment in the comments section from the Oregon live story linked above. Should probably send it to the house committee since they were so interested in it:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Polling done by: Public Policy Polling. A firm that specializes in conducting polling for Democratic Party candidates and progressive causes. Surprising (or not) they've conducted similar polls/results in other spots around the country. They were also caught last year messing with poll results:
<broken link removed>
The Public Policy Polling does sound very high tech.

The poll appears to be hosted/commissioned by: Center for American Progress Action Fund. (oops, seems the SalemJournal didn't copy and re-host the report, but linked directly to the source).
Per Wikipedia "The Center for American Progress is a left wing public policy research and advocacy organization. Its website states that the organization is "dedicated to improving the lives of Americans through progressive ideas and action".[2] The Center presents a liberal[3]viewpoint on economic issues. It has its headquarters in Washington, D.C.[4]. Its President and chief executive officer is Neera Tanden, who worked for the Obama and Clinton administrations and for Hillary Clinton's campaigns.[5] "

<broken link removed>
http://www.themainewire.com/2013/09...admits-hiding-unfavorable-poll-results/Public Policy Polling, the Raleigh, North Carolina polling house that recently published a poll showing Democrat Mike Michaud leading in the 2014 gubernatorial race, admitted on Wednesday that it concealed poll results that were not favorable to Demo...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top