JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Working good. The gal that owns a gun store in eastern oregon just dropped a bombshell fact. If I bring in a gun to sell private party...the gun store in essence takes possession. So...if the buyer fails the BCG I the seller must pass a BCG to get MY gun back! Lots of questions from the panel on this.
Yeah, whats up? They are pretending to be objective. Perhaps the Email and recall campaign has had an impact.
They even asked multiple times for the actual questions asked in the bogus 87% want background checks poll.
The antis couldn't find the questions asked either. Very convenient:cool:

No kidding right. McLane was pretty surprised to hear that people would have to pass a bcg to get their firearm back after the buyer fails the check. Let's thing this crap through a little!

wish I was home to watch more....caught the "where is this poll" question....I wanna know of the "registered voters" they sampled, what did they have in common...I bet you can guess.....

Where are these polls from? One of the bill supporters stated these sources:

* Center for American Progress - perhaps a little left leaning? I'll let the reader decide.
* Luntz Global - Their tagline is "it's not what you say, it's what they hear" - I don't think anyone could honestly trust anything said after that.
* Americans for Responsible Solutions - Gabby's place.

I am Blown.A.Way. I just cannot believe people can be swayed so far from the truth. There was one guy, when confronted about where he got his statistics on why he supported 941 actually said he didn't know, they were just what he read. Couldn't even provide a cogent thought on why it should be passed after he got done reading his script.

Where are these polls from? One of the bill supporters stated these sources:

* Center for American Progress - perhaps a little left leaning? I'll let the reader decide.
* Luntz Global - Their tagline is "it's not what you say, it's what they hear" - I don't think anyone could honestly trust anything said after that.
* Americans for Responsible Solutions - Gabby's place.

I am Blown.A.Way. I just cannot believe people can be swayed so far from the truth. There was one guy, when confronted about where he got his statistics on why he supported 941 actually said he didn't know, they were just what he read. Couldn't even provide a cogent thought on why it should be passed after he got done reading his script.
What were the exact poll questions I wonder? The way a question is asked makes a big difference on the results.

"you wouldn't know common sense if it wiggled on your face":s0112: The last guy was ticked off a little bit.

I started listening to the testimony earlier in the day, then turned it off for a bit while my wife and I took our daughter to youth group, and while she was in youth group, we went out for a 4 mile run together, and I was listening to the testimony in my left ear as I ran. My wife was listening to music in one ear as well, but didn't realize I was listening to anything until this guy made that "wiggled on your face" comment, and I started busting up laughing, and my wife looked at my funny, then I told her what I was listening to and what was said, and she cracked up a bit too. LOL

Did a few google searches on it and the polls I found polled only 700 or so and only mentioned BGCs for SALES not transfers.
I never answer my house phone and many people don't even have a land line anymore!

So they polled 700 people in a Left leaning Portland neighborhood?, who still answer their home phones and agree to take polls right after Sandy Hook. Hmmmmm, I wonder why they only got 75 to 83% agreeing to expanded BG checks!

Write your Reps questioning the Validity of these Polls! It was a question brought up by the Panel and never answered properly.

This is not over yet!

Last Edited:
Did a few google searches on it and the polls I found polled only 700 or so and only mentioned BGCs for SALES not transfers.
I never answer my house phone and many people don't even have a land line anymore!

So they polled 700 people in a Left leaning Portland neighborhood?, who still answer their home phones and agree to take polls right after Sandy Hook. Hmmmmm, I wonder why they only got 75 to 83% agreeing to expanded BG checks!

Write your Reps questioning the Validity of these Polls! It was a question brought up by the Panel and never answered properly.

This is not over yet!
Thanks for looking in to that, do you have any links I could share with this info? I have a long list of emails to send my thoughts off to again and would love to include this.

Last Edited:
Thanks for looking in to that, do you have any links I could share with this info? I have a long list of emails to send my thoughts off to again and would love to include this.
Here's one

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/poll_78_percent_of_oregon_vote.html

The poll, by Public Policy Polling, of Raleigh, N.C., asked a number of questions about voter views on gun control laws. Asked to weigh in on "a criminal background check of every person who wants to buy a firearm," 78 percent supported such checks and 17 percent opposed them.

Big majorities also supported prohibiting stalkers or people subject to restraining orders from buying guns and criminal penalties for parents if their negligence results in a child's shooting death.

The robo-poll, conducted Jan. 22 and 23, also asked about the background check bill that Oregon lawmakers will take up next month. Of those polled 50 percent said they would be less likely to re-elect someone who opposes the bill, while 29 percent said they would be more likely to vote for a lawmaker who opposes it.

Of those who took the poll, 59 percent said they or someone in their household owns a gun. A total of 710 registered Oregon voters responded to the survey. It did not list a margin of error.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top