JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wife showed me this early today. I told her its easy to see why. Cops have been made the thing to hate for a good while now. Good ones who could retired early. Those who could not have moved. Leaving many of the places who had so much fun saying they hate Cops scrambling to hire. Well who wants the job now? So this is what they end up with. People who would have NEVER made it past the screening process. Now they are scraping the bottom of the barrel and still can't hire enough. While this gal is just, for now, on a power trip, it gets FAR worse. People who will panic when faced with a big problem. Some of them are going to be too fast on the trigger or beat down someone while being filmed. Then here comes the next riot and tax payers have to pay out. This is yet again the people there getting what they voted for. 🤬

When do you think people will learn that the Bill of Rights are protection from the government!?!

I'm sure this person thought they were exercising thier 1st A Rights... well, it only works to protect a person from government repercussions of free speech.

Employers can take actions against employees who cross the ethical/ moral lines that put them in a bad public light. Especially, when done in uniform.

When do you think people will learn that the Bill of Rights are protection from the government!?!

I'm sure this person thought they were exercising thier 1st A Rights... well, it only works to protect a person from government repercussions of free speech.

Employers can take actions against employees who cross the ethical/ moral lines that put them in a bad public light. Especially, when done in uniform.
Yep free speech does not mean your employer has to let you say any stupid thing you want to spout. This woman is a loose cannon. She is the kind who is very likely to do something stupid that gets them sued. This video will never go away. If she does something stupid the lawyers will be showing that video in court as they hold their hand out for money.

She ended up getting suspended for a shift because of the video. So at least her boss did something.

With the above said, Washington state does have a HUGE problem with idiot drivers camping out in the #1 lane. At best it's annoying an inconsiderate AF. At worst it's illegal if I'm reading the law correctly...

She ended up getting suspended for a shift because of the video. So at least her boss did something.

With the above said, Washington state does have a HUGE problem with idiot drivers camping out in the #1 lane. At best it's annoying an inconsiderate AF. At worst it's illegal if I'm reading the law correctly...

Oregon has much the same problem on pretty much all the multi-lane highways outside of I-5 corridor. It's annoying when someone is going the same dang speed in the left lane as the trucks are in the right lane :mad:

Edit. For some reason it gets worse on 2-lane highways/roads in the rural areas. Especially Springhill Road which when passing the Springhill Country Club golf course (leaving the 40 zone) , is a 55 zone all the way to Corvallis Road, but there's always people going 45 on it because "it's a rural road"

Yes.....
BUT define......."idiot drivers camping out in the #1 lane"?

Yes.......
Impeding traffic flow has something to be said about it.

BUT note that, there is NO PERMISSION GIVEN.......to exceed the speed limit according to your RCW link.

From an old post of mine made back in June 2022.
LOL........more thoughts about the REAL LIFE situations we face.

So then.....
Today, at about 1000 hrs. I was in the left lane following behind of a group of about 4-5 cars. Call it, keeping "pace" behind the others. Traffic was "moderate" and "visability was so, so" (probably a bit of smog or something). We were all on the I-205 in Oregon headed north (yes, this part of the freeway was actually 4 lanes headed north).

We passed a Speed Limit sign.......which declared the limit as 55 MPH.

LOL......I was doing 70 MPH (as were we all).

So then......
Were we (was I) speeding? Or were we (was I) just going with "the flow of traffic?"

As I was thinking about this thread......
Another vehicle suddenly came up from behind. It was a black Mustang. The vehicle/driver was probably doing about 80 MPH. As the Mustang got close, it suddenly cut right.....passing the group of us. The Mustang traveled for about a second or 2 before cutting right again to avoid the car in front......then cut left, and then left again.

OMG!

So then........were we actually........"camping in the left lane?" Or, were we "obstructing traffic?"

WAIT, Wait, wait.........what about that 55 MPH speed limit? Is a "speed limit" now only a suggestion?
Aloha, Mark

The signs I've seen are "keep right except for passing " as well as "slower traffic to the right" or some variations thereof. There is apparently something in the Oregon driving regulations about 10% (percent) above speed limit being okay, more than that is potential citation. One thing many people forget is that the old national 55 limit was purely for mileage reasons and nothing do with safety :rolleyes: I believe recently Oregon passed a speed limit increase for unmarked rural roads and highways in certain parts of the State?

RE : Post #9
The OR speeding statute.

I don't exactly KNOW about OR allowing for an extra 10%. But I just happened to be reading about what the WA speeding law says.....

RCW 46.61.400

Link here : https://leg.wa.gov/CodeReviser/RCWArchive/Documents/2018/Title 46 RCW.pdf

As I read it and as I suspected.....the posted speed limit is the "limit" (aka : maximum lawful speed).

Aloha, Mark

PS......the "general" signage statute. Is covered under, "Obedience to and required traffic control devices" (RCW 46.61.050).

Anyway.......the topic is straying.

Last Edited:

Yes she lost one shift, which I am sure she got paid for. The real problem here is once something that stupid is out there it never goes away. When she does something stupid, or even questionable, lawyers are going to use that video of her. She will not be the one who has to pay then, tax payers will. 🤬

Yes she lost one shift, which I am sure she got paid for. The real problem here is once something that stupid is out there it never goes away. When she does something stupid, or even questionable, lawyers are going to use that video of her. She will not be the one who has to pay then, tax payers will. 🤬
What also won't go away Imo is the lasting impression from this video that cops are power mad people that will disrespect reg poeple.

And that is kind of the core of the protest problem Imo. Cops need to be extra careful right now about the public image and she posts this stuff. Not good.

What also won't go away Imo is the lasting impression from this video that cops are power mad people that will disrespect reg poeple.

And that is kind of the core of the protest problem Imo. Cops need to be extra careful right now about the public image and she posts this stuff. Not good.
YEP! She works in a place that was all in on the we hate Cops, and all she did was throw gas on that fire. If I was her boss the moron would be sitting at a desk until she got tired of it and moved to another department. 🤬

Yes.....
BUT define......."idiot drivers camping out in the #1 lane"?

Yes.......
Impeding traffic flow has something to be said about it.

BUT note that, there is NO PERMISSION GIVEN.......to exceed the speed limit according to your RCW link.

Aloha, Mark
If you are in the #1 lane and not ACTIVELY PASSING other vehicles, you have NO business being in the #1 lane and are an IDIOT.

Any contention that if you are going the maximum speed, then it's fine to stay in the left lane, is a straw-man argument. Speed is completely irrelevant. The statute says you must keep right except when passing...it does NOT say, "you can totally stay in the left lane if you happen to be going the maximum speed."

If you are in the left lane and NOT actively passing, you deserve a ticket...and God's angry wrath...And I wish a plague on ALL of your camels.

The girl is completely clueless. She does not understand that she comes across as an arrogant tyrant who thinks she's above the law. The is not the image an officer should be putting forward in this day, and age given that support for law enforcement is at an all time low. It most certainly calls her judgment into question...should this woman be wearing a badge at all?

There's an interesting thing here. Between Vancouver and Kelso, maybe all the way to Olympia, the speed limit on I-5 is what, 70mph?

However.. nowhere in Oregon are there such a relatively "high" speed limit on the I-5. In fact, only a few sections of I-84 East/West near Eastern Oregon and Idaho have the 70mph limits.

So. It's never been about "safety". It's only been about "mileage" and then "revenues" from speeding tickets :rolleyes:
Apparently 1-10 miles a hour over the posted speed limits is a Class D violation though I've never seen any cop enforce that on the highways. In towns/cities, yes.

From
ORS 811.109
Penalties for speed violations

"

(1)

Violation of a specific speed limit imposed under law or of a posted speed limit is punishable as follows:

(a)

One to 10 miles per hour in excess of the speed limit is a Class D traffic violation.

(b)

11 to 20 miles per hour in excess of the speed limit is a Class C traffic violation.

(c)

21 to 30 miles per hour in excess of the speed limit is a Class B traffic violation.

(d)

Over 30 miles per hour in excess of the speed limit is a Class A traffic violation.

(2)

Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, if the speed limit is 65 miles per hour or greater and:

(a)

The person is exceeding the speed limit by 10 miles per hour or less, the offense is a Class C traffic violation.

(b)

The person is exceeding the speed limit by more than 10 miles per hour but not more than 20 miles per hour, the offense is a Class B traffic violation.

(c)

The person is exceeding the speed limit by more than 20 miles per hour, the offense is a Class A traffic violation.

(3)

Violation of the basic speed rule by exceeding a designated speed posted under ORS 810.180 (Designation of maximum speeds) is punishable as follows:

(a)

One to 10 miles per hour in excess of the designated speed is a Class D traffic violation.

(b)

11 to 20 miles per hour in excess of the designated speed is a Class C traffic violation.

(c)

21 to 30 miles per hour in excess of the designated speed is a Class B traffic violation.

(d)

Over 30 miles per hour in excess of the designated speed is a Class A traffic violation.

(4)

In addition to a fine imposed under subsection (1), (2) or (3) of this section, a court may order a suspension of driving privileges for up to 30 days if a person exceeds a speed limit or designated speed by more than 30 miles per hour and the person has received at least one prior conviction under ORS 811.100 (Violation of basic speed rule) or 811.111 (Violating a speed limit) within 12 months of the date of the current offense."

Edit. I think I see why Oregon has such a "slow drivers problem"; we have literal laws saying going 1-10 mph over the posted speed limit is a violation and has a fine attached it.

One thing many people forget is that the old national 55 limit was purely for mileage reasons and nothing do with safety :rolleyes:
As I recall, and I was alive at the time, the national 55 mph limit, which was instituted during the OPEC oil embargo of the '70s in order to save fuel, only reduced the speed limit on interstate highways. I believe it always was 55 on surface roads in Oregon. Maybe some other old timer can correct me if wrong.

It may have had nothing to do with safety, but insurance companies loved it, because it reduced traffic fatalities by 36%, with a corresponding decrease in insurance payouts.

"The cost of rising fuel prices caused many states to start adopting speed limit laws to save money and resources in the early 1970s. President Richard Nixon agreed to a national speed limit of 55 mph for all states in 1974. After this law went into effect, America saw its traffic fatality rate drop from 4.28 per million miles traveled in 1972 to 2.73 in 1983.

However, the availability of fuel and the cost of fuel became less of an issue in the 1980s, and the national maximum speed limit on interstates was increased to 65 mph."

Everything she said is true,, I am not angry about it, but i know i have to live by L.E.O. rules or suffer the consequences.. sad to admit it, but that's reality.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top