JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting stuff ATC, thanks for sharing it. Looks like we can pull some of the crap out of our Faraday Cages:)

Interesting. Is it possible the tests are non sufficient? The guy states they used 50 KV per meter. The usual or potential K1 from a nuke is about 100 to 1000 times more intense? I might have it wrong also. It has been 40 years.

Multiple Faraday Cages still remain the only way to protect sensitive stuff? Ungrounded. The problem with real world EMP testing is that one would need a real nuke popped hundreds of miles up. No doable by definition. Yikes.

Respectfully. One would have to research the company, their product or service, the motive, who paid for the study, the methodology, the raw data and the finished presentation before a determined opinion could be raised.

Last Edited:
Back in the '70's they used to tell people tie a series of knots in the power cord of different devices. If an EMP is really fast, that tiny amount of inductance might be enough to really cut the pulse down to size. Even better, inside the power supply just make some inductance where the power lead comes in.

Ask any base station HAM radio operator about potential EMP and prepared to be impressed. Probably also lectured at. A very interesting subject. Even multiple series nano clamps might not be enough. I for one need a refresher course. Stuff taught back in 1975 might not be accurate today. Yikes! :)

Just imagine a huge lighting strike only 10,000+ times faster and 100,000+ times harder.

I saw this a few days ago, on the one hand it was enlightening, on the other there's just not enough explanation of the testing for me to say yay or nay.

I've become cynical over the years, and any time someone says "watch how our product performs under X-test vs our competitors" especially when it's a test no one else does I always want more detail and more verification of what the test actually involves.

The other thing that interests me, is all of these tests are recorded on high definition digital video, which seems to suffer no ill effect.

There is also zero discussion of what the failure modes of these devices are, and very little discussion of why their particular devices are better and how they counteract the problems of their competitors.

There are three kinds of lies: Lies, damn lies, and statistics. This might be statistics.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top