JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My only comment would be that you might have chosen an area with a better backstop to shoot your video. Some might be concerned about stray 9mm rounds flying through the forest. And I don't think tree huggers would appreciate your choice of a target stand.

My only comment would be that you might have chosen an area with a better backstop to shoot your video. Some might be concerned about stray 9mm rounds flying through the forest. And I don't think tree huggers would appreciate your choice of a target stand.

:-/

Seriously now. To my family and close friends I am known as "the gun guy". And as such I get a few questions from time to time concerning things that go bang.

My brother in law who by his own admission knows next to nothing about guns has said he wants my help in selecting a gun for "all around use". With paramaters that big I told him to check out either a Glock 17 or 19. This video makes it easy. I can just refer him to it.

Screw 'em.
I try not to go out of my way to offend people I may not agree with, particularly when the elected officials they support would like to restrict my constitutional rights. Also why it is important to have a good backstop for your bullets. If one lands somewhere you never intended it to land, it is too late to change it. And if they can save just one life by trampling on the constitution.......
But I do agree on your recommendation of a firearm for "all around use" and have personally recommended the Glock 19 as my choice for that purpose. Those that purchased them have not been disappointed.

As someone who spends a great deal of time off trail/road in "the middle of nowhere" on BLM land, I would really appreciate it you would try to find a better backstop.

Given the sheer number of outdoors enthusiasts in the northwest it always amazes me how much people assume that once they are out in the woods, nobody will be around, but even when breaking trail on BLM or forest service land in eastern Oregon, I seldom make it an entire day without running into somebody, or evidence of somebody's presence.

I don't usually go out of my way to piss them off either, but I'm so sick and tired of dealing with those who go out of their way just looking to be offended. And then the rest of us bending over backwards making them happy.

pc is running out of gas. if they get pissed they will get glad sometime and if not pi$$ on them

From the BLM Oregon website

State and local laws relating to the use of firearms or other weapons apply on public lands due to proximity to residential areas, high recreational use, or other resource concerns.

It is legal to discharge firearms including handguns, rifles, and shotguns on public lands in Oregon and Washington as long as you are outside of designated developed sites and areas that have been closed to shooting due to proximity to residential areas. Consult with the BLM District where you want to shoot to determine which areas are closed. The BLM in the Pacific Northwest does not maintain any designated shooting ranges. While shooting please remember it is illegal to:

• Create a hazard or nuisance.
  • Dispose of cans, bottles, and other nonflammable trash and garbage except in designated places or receptacles-pack it in, pack it out.
  • Deface, remove, or destroy plants or their parts, soil, rocks or minerals, or cave resources.
  • Deface, disturb, remove, or destroy any personal property, or structures, or scientific, cultural, or archeological or historic resource, natural object, or area.

Shooting at a LIVING tree could very easily be considered defacing or destroying plants or their parts. Better safe then sorry.

From the BLM Oregon website

State and local laws relating to the use of firearms or other weapons apply on public lands due to proximity to residential areas, high recreational use, or other resource concerns.

It is legal to discharge firearms including handguns, rifles, and shotguns on public lands in Oregon and Washington as long as you are outside of designated developed sites and areas that have been closed to shooting due to proximity to residential areas. Consult with the BLM District where you want to shoot to determine which areas are closed. The BLM in the Pacific Northwest does not maintain any designated shooting ranges. While shooting please remember it is illegal to:

• Create a hazard or nuisance.
  • Dispose of cans, bottles, and other nonflammable trash and garbage except in designated places or receptacles-pack it in, pack it out.
  • Deface, remove, or destroy plants or their parts, soil, rocks or minerals, or cave resources.
  • Deface, disturb, remove, or destroy any personal property, or structures, or scientific, cultural, or archeological or historic resource, natural object, or area.

Shooting at a LIVING tree could very easily be considered defacing or destroying plants or their parts. Better safe then sorry.

OK I didn't watch the whole video. I rarely can watch anyone's complete "review" since most videos aren't done by professionals and the ones that are,are done on a selling basis for the manufacturer.
So don't feel disrespected.

But if you have content that shows you shooting trees and no back stop,or even not showing that you are shooting into a back stop,you are doing a disservice to us all and to new shooters.
You did very good on the dialog that I did listen to. That is one of my big pet peeves. Guys who can't or don't talk with some semblance of eloquence.
The "Um, ah, I um gunna ,um do a video ,ah, on a um ,ah this gun here" guys

So if it was me and I didn't show the proper techniques of gun handling and shooting safety,I would take the video down.Just hate it when there is any type of shooting video that uses improper techniques or lack of safe measures that new shooters will feel is "OK"
Not to mention you incriminate yourself destroying government property by shooting the trees. (we had a sign up here stating as much about shooting trees in the NF,just sayin)

Hey, you take it down and then you have to go shooting again to redo it. How bad is that?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads