JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent summary of what happened in Canada. They are still gradually destroying firearms that are deemed "prohibited". They also used the records to victimize anyone who let their gun ownership license expire.

Since they got rid of the registration the RCMP and Provincial police are now delaying all paperwork and forcing everyone to be members of shooting ranges. Basically, they are finding any excuse possible to harass law abiding citizens.

Of course, criminals are still on the streets, home invasions happen all the time, and property crime rates in most cities are higher than in the US.

Anyone saying or thinking that "Universal Background Checks" are not so bad need to see this.

All a UBC does is register your guns, so that .gov knows who has what.

Of course the gangbanger and other criminals will not be going through a "UBC" to get thier guns.

A very articulate warning to us all. Take heed! Nice of our northern neighbor, I'll bet he gets harassed for his commentary!

Anyone saying or thinking that "Universal Background Checks" are not so bad need to see this.

All a UBC does is register your guns, so that .gov knows who has what.

Of course the gangbanger and other criminals will not be going through a "UBC" to get thier guns.

With 65 million(ish) weapons sold since Obama took office probably signifies a larger controllable population than the smaller unknown criminal element. Do you have any idea how much money that is. It bewilders the mind to think about it. Uncle Sam ain't gonna miss out on ALL of that revenue when they know the Law Abiding Citizens will pay it. I'm thinking the Gov't already factored in the Criminal element as acceptable collateral damage in the whole scheme of things. The criminal element only represent a small percentage of the population which offers zero revenue for the Gov't. The Gov't is going to go for the bigger picture that they know the can control and make revenue on, the law abiding citizen. That is where the money is at. The Gov't already knows the Law Abiding Citizens are going to pitch a fit. But the Gov't also knows that the Law Abiding Citizens will eventually relent and jump through the new hoops that the Gov't put into place for them to jump through. Guess what we're jumping. It sucks to be that predictable.

Last Edited:
The Canadian Long Gun Registry only had about a 30% compliance rate.
The Australian gun registry and confiscation only netted about 19% of the guns.

Neither have been statistically significant and both show that the "law abiding citizens" won't jump through the hoops.

I suspect the US compliance rate would be shockingly low.

The largest act of civil disobedience was in?

CALIFORNIA!!! Yeah I talk bad about them too.

When they decided to register "assault weapons" in CA,only about 250,000 registered them. They figured there was over 2.5 million down there at the time.

So if the _________ californians (you fill in the blank) did it,I would like to think that us folks from other states could do it also.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top