JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love Victory At Sea. It is the greatest homage to the greatest generation. All those who fought for the Allies are honored but it is really for the US Navy, Army, Marines, Coast Guard and Air Corps. There's lots of combat footage plus there's It should be required for all US history classes. also a lot on the rear echelons, such as the Supply ships and other auxiliaries and the guys running the supply depots. But really, it's about the battles Midway, Marianas, D-Day, Battle of the Atlantic and more All of its accompanied by a great narrator and greater musical sound track.
t came out in 1952 and it still hasn't gotten old. It is the greatest paean to everyone who fought on the side of the Allies in WWII

I am a total nerd for these documentaries and absolutely love them! I have been watching some and did not know half the stuff that actually took place. The battle of Midway was very interesting and had no idea of the details.

If you haven't seen Greyhound, it's a must see, more action and less story, but it looks, feels, and sounds as real as it gets, and it's historically accurate! Dad's an old Destroyer Driver and he says they absolutely nailed it, outside some Hollywood fluff, it's as real as you could make it! Only criticism from the old man was: you never had that many men on the bridge, Ever! Everything else was historically accurate and perfectly done for a made up ship and crew! This movie portrays several days of a single crossing during the battle of the Atlantic, no story, but it isn't needed you live that journey as if you were there with them!

If you haven't seen Greyhound, it's a must see, more action and less story, but it looks, feels, and sounds as real as it gets, and it's historically accurate! Dad's an old Destroyer Driver and he says they absolutely nailed it, outside some Hollywood fluff, it's as real as you could make it! Only criticism from the old man was: you never had that many men on the bridge, Ever! Everything else was historically accurate and perfectly done for a made up ship and crew! This movie portrays several days of a single crossing during the battle of the Atlantic, no story, but it isn't needed you live that journey as if you were there with them!
Funny thing
I was reading CS Forester's The Good Shepard on an airplane and when I got home I kicked on the TV and lo and behold, a preview for Greyhound and they show an exciting scene right out of the book. I added Apple TV just so I could watch that movie. It's pretty darn faithful to the book.

I just found out how many Amazon prime ww2 series episodes and movies I can download on my 4 year old 600 gigabyte phone just now.. an artificial max of 60 or so. Feh I say. And again feh.

I could watch nothing but WWII documentaries for the rest of my days and be perfectly happy!
I get into these on the AHC "American Hero's Channel", from time to time. These series should be shown to high school kids in class to give them some idea how many times America came close to having completely different outcomes that could very well have changed us into something very different from what we became after the wars.
Watching one on the German wolf packs that almost starved out Great Britain by sinking all the supply ships coming from the U.S. If it weren't for us learning the secret code from the enigma machine, who else in the world would have kept GB on their feet?

IMDB said:
Did you know?

The score, by Richard Rodgers with Robert Russell Bennett conducting the NBC Symphony Orchestra, was such a hit that recordings have been almost continually available. Over 50 years after the original broadcast, the score, played by RCA Victor Symphony Orchestra, is available in a modern stereo recording, digitally remastered on compact disc.

I get into these on the AHC "American Hero's Channel", from time to time. These series should be shown to high school kids in class to give them some idea how many times America came close to having completely different outcomes that could very well have changed us into something very different from what we became after the wars.
Watching one on the German wolf packs that almost starved out Great Britain by sinking all the supply ships coming from the U.S. If it weren't for us learning the secret code from the enigma machine, who else in the world would have kept GB on their feet?
Sadly history LONG ago stopped being taught. Wife used to work with a woman who was a child living in the UK during WWII. She well remembered having VERY little to eat for a long time until the US came in to save their butts. Yet guess how she voted now that she was a citizen here and living well? Liberal. College did a great job, even back then, of convincing her the US was the problem. It really is a mental disorder. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top