JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd say it initially started out with the extremes, and now has bled over into the majority of people's lives with all the divisiveness of the media/social media. The "you're either with me, or you're against me" mentality that is ingrained in everything from politics to sports teams. "Us vs them" in everything. This country is certainly divided now.

But yes, the second point you make is a good one. People would do well to focus on personal responsibility, accept the things they cannot change, and move forward... onwards and upwards, rather than ruminating in all the injustices that have occurred and will continue to occur.

I've noticed that a balanced mindset often comes with age and maturity, if one is not born or raised with an even temperament. To note that the millennial age group is currently the most populous might give insight as to why victimhood behaviors are more prevalent today.

Some people just don't like hearing the truth:
View attachment 1011168

-Robert
I said basically what is in that simpsons meme to my wife the other day. Don't do that.

Millenials are starting to reach their 40s. :)

I think as with most things, you hear more from the loudest people, but most people aren't loud. Even millenials are mostly just shutting up and working, living, parenting... It's easy to forget that when the loud ones are just. so. loud.
At 35, I'm an old millennial. Most people in my age group are as useful as a…as a…
Well I can't come up with it. I'm too busy being useful to describe that level of uselessness.

This is generalizing, but it is funny how people who live in big cities seem to be the quickest to raise their hands as victims. People who actually have property to protect and can't rely on others as much seem to be much less prone to this concept of being a professional victim. If you're working hard and taking care of your home and family, I guess you don't have time to be a victim.

Does it warrant some victimhood?
Work sucks, I don't think work (career/job/profession) is the way through any of this; work is just something to do so you can afford the things that really matter. I'm talking about family, community, hobbies, passions. So far the "tyranny" you speak of hasn't changed how well my zucchini grows, I'm still able to go camping, shooting, fishing... in fact, life really isn't so bad at all. But a lot of people sure like to talk like it is; they sit around and talk like "somebody" is always out there ruining things for them instead of looking around their immediate vicinity to find the things that make life worth living.
I am living a great retired life, I have had my time and it was great so I guess I can say its all good here. Not so good for my fellow man and it takes a blind eye to not see how bad it is. I am happy for you that nothing has touched your world and hope it stays that way.

Edited to add, don't take anything I say as personal because it's only an observation and an opinion. I listen to a cynical psychology guy every now and then and it makes measure people by their writing. After reading many of your post and having respect for your writing I tend to see you as "agreeable" to what your side is doing to the nation.

Your honesty is refreshing and so good you don't need to defend your position. At this point in life it seems nothing has come your way to see things different than its just a fact of life. Bravo sir that life is good.

Now to end this boring bs I am posting I believe I can watch your life and get a true measurement of change. You are fun to talk to and I wish you no ill wind.

Jim

Last Edited:
I am living a great retired life, I have had my time and it was great so I guess I can say its all good here. Not so good for my fellow man and it takes a blind eye to not see how bad it is. I am happy for you that nothing has touched your world and hope it stays that way.

Edited to add, don't take anything I say as personal because it's only an observation and an opinion. I listen to a cynical psychology guy every now and then and it makes measure people by their writing. After reading many of your post and having respect for your writing I tend to see you as "agreeable" to what your side is doing to the nation.

Your honesty is refreshing and so good you don't need to defend your position. At this point in life it seems nothing has come your way to see things different than its just a fact of life. Bravo sir that life is good.

Now to end this boring bs I am posting I believe I can watch your life and get a true measurement of change. You are fun to talk to and I wish you no ill wind.

Jim

Well said, Jim. Humans need more of this kind of stuff.

It's up to each of us whether we want to complain about it, do something to make it better, do something to insulate ourselves or others from it, or any combination of those things.
Your comment gave me a 29 year flashback. Found myself severely depressed at 41 and saw a psychologist for 3 years. In an early session he asked me how I saw myself, and I replied "I'm a cynic." His response was 'Oh no, you're a disappointed idealist. You really believe in God, family, country, honor, responsibility, and all the traditional values. But you've been repeatedly disappointed by people and organizations you trusted, and so your skeptical attitude toward the world is an adaptive defensive mechanism.' He was right.

I think the world is going to hell in a hand-basket, but the time I spend with the wife/kids/grandkids and volunteering is what makes my life meaningful.

It's being taught in the schools. It has been taught for at least 20 years that I know of. The left depends on it for political support. It's called "intersectionality" in marxist parlance.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top