JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have you noticed how it is now mainstream to be a victim? Gone are mindsets of personal growth and responsibility. They have been replaced by aggressive and morally elitist points of view. Everything that's wrong in their lives is someone else's fault, never their own.

From my observations, many of the issues we have today are because people are entitled, and unable to regulate their emotions. Psychologists have identified this as tendency for interpersonal victimhood, according to an article I will link below.

These types of people are perpetual victims, often hypocritical in their actions, while seeking "justice" and retribution at the cost of others. They force their views on to others, seeking control and power, wanting others to suffer as they have suffered.

An overview of their behaviors:
Based on clinical observations and research, the researchers found that the tendency for interpersonal victimhood consists of four main dimensions: (a) constantly seeking recognition for one's victimhood, (b) moral elitism, (c) lack of empathy for the pain and suffering of others, and (d) frequently ruminating about past victimization
I see A and B happening with nearly every media post/article, and political agenda... with no end in sight, unless it's a burning pile of rubble and everyone is miserable.

-Robert

I have been saying this for a long time. Personal responsibility became something close to racism. Telling people they had to take responsibility for their choices is like calling them a racial slure. Of course a lot of people love this. They can do anything They feel. Kind of like turning a 5 Year old loose to follow their emotions with no guard rails. When anything goes wrong just claim they're a victim.

I don't know myself but read a great deal written by folks who claim they know. There opinions seem to say the country is the victim of a created psychosis driving folks crazy. Maybe we all are victims. :confused: :eek:

I don't know myself but read a great deal written by folks who claim they know. There opinions seem to say the country is the victim of a created psychosis driving folks crazy. Maybe we all are victims. :confused: :eek:
I saw your link to this YouTube video... it was actually one I wanted to watch, but have not had the time yet.

I believe we could all be victims of whatever others are doing; however, the important difference is what our own response will be.

I'd like to think that there are those of us who will not engage in the four behaviors listed above. Instead we will focus on working with the cards we are dealt, making the best of the situation and seeking balance. Essentially, understanding that contunally putting energy into things we cannot control (the past, other people) is futile.

Of course, all of that is easier said than done; but, at least we'll try.

-Robert

So if you guys had a choice in the matter would you skip the regular litany of shots you got as kids?
This is looking at the bigger picture.

If you would like to discuss your opinions on that matter, there are a multitude of other threads you are already actively participating in on that very subject.

-Robert

I was watching a couple of great videos this morning about getting back on your feet after being truly victimized. A man who's life was totally destroyed unjustly by the government and he came back to be one of the most admired men in the world.

Meaning that being a victim is a state of mind you may be able to overcome if your life hasn't been ended as a victim. The true numbers of dead in America may never be known but its a bunch of victims .

So if you guys had a choice in the matter would you skip the regular litany of shots you got as kids?
I will answer that honestly if you will take the time to research those shots some. In particular the number of kids that became autistic in relation to the number of vaccinations they were forced to have. Look at the numbers if you know how to research.

When I was a kid I would of course have opted out of all the vaccines I got that required a needle. I would of course have opted out of getting stitches, going to school, having a time I had to be home, and an entire litany of things I was made to do. Difference being we used to not let kids make their own decisions since the idea was they were not old enough to be responsible for the choices they make. Now we have law makers who LOVE to tell all the adults that they do not know what is best for them. So the adults are supposed to do what the people who want to be in charge tell them to do. Sadly a LOT of adults are all in on this and seem to love having others tell them how to live. Freedom is too hard for a lot of the population.

Evidence of being a victim, look and decide how this all came about and who was the victim.

Reminds me of the Kill Dozer guy (although I don't know that landlord's back story)

"I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable", he wrote. "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."
-Robert

I see this victim mentality everywhere, but mostly on the extreme fringes. All these folks who think they're being persecuted, for being a christian, for being a muslim, for being a racial minority, for being a republican, for being a democrat, for being a trump voter, for being on food stamps...

And the truth is, they're right. No matter what you are, people who aren't that will be judging you for it and treating you different. It's up to each of us whether we want to complain about it, do something to make it better, do something to insulate ourselves or others from it, or any combination of those things. Everything gets easier when you focus down on what's important right now. One middle class guy in the hills of Oregon ain't gonna change the world in any major way, but I sure can change a small piece of it for a few people, and that's where I'll keep my eyes focused. bubblegum things happen, sometimes it's others fault, sometimes it's not... but it really doesn't matter; I know where I am and I know what I'm doing.

Life's a garden, dig it.

This kinda fits here. A comedy bit by a favorite comedian of mine about being told he was special as a kid, only to find out that he isn't. Shared w/ @Stomper this morning due to a comment he made in regards to folks 20-40 (my age group) thinking that they're special because they can suck oxygen:

I see this victim mentality everywhere, but mostly on the extreme fringes. All these folks who think they're being persecuted, for being a christian, for being a muslim, for being a racial minority, for being a republican, for being a democrat, for being a trump voter, for being on food stamps...

And the truth is, they're right. No matter what you are, people who aren't that will be judging you for it and treating you different. It's up to each of us whether we want to complain about it, do something to make it better, do something to insulate ourselves or others from it, or any combination of those things. Everything gets easier when you focus down on what's important right now. One middle class guy in the hills of Oregon ain't gonna change the world in any major way, but I sure can change a small piece of it for a few people, and that's where I'll keep my eyes focused. bubblegum things happen, sometimes it's others fault, sometimes it's not... but it really doesn't matter; I know where I am and I know what I'm doing.

Life's a garden, dig it.
I'd say it initially started out with the extremes, and now has bled over into the majority of people's lives with all the divisiveness of the media/social media. The "you're either with me, or you're against me" mentality that is ingrained in everything from politics to sports teams. "Us vs them" in everything. This country is certainly divided now.

But yes, the second point you make is a good one. People would do well to focus on personal responsibility, accept the things they cannot change, and move forward... onwards and upwards, rather than ruminating in all the injustices that have occurred and will continue to occur.

I've noticed that a balanced mindset often comes with age and maturity, if one is not born or raised with an even temperament. To note that the millennial age group is currently the most populous might give insight as to why victimhood behaviors are more prevalent today.

Some people just don't like hearing the truth:
92d.jpg

-Robert

Millenials are starting to reach their 40s. :)

I think as with most things, you hear more from the loudest people, but most people aren't loud. Even millenials are mostly just shutting up and working, living, parenting... It's easy to forget that when the loud ones are just. so. loud.

Life's a garden, dig it.
The good old American spirit of work will set you free is evident in your post and like the great depression if you could see a future then it certainly would be true. While the depression was survivable I am not sure the tyranny going on today will be. Being a victim of state tyranny that never let's up will be a real test of character.

Not many will pass it if they keep up with turning our world psychotic.

Being a victim of state tyranny that never let's up will be a real test of character.
Does it warrant some victimhood?
Work sucks, I don't think work (career/job/profession) is the way through any of this; work is just something to do so you can afford the things that really matter. I'm talking about family, community, hobbies, passions. So far the "tyranny" you speak of hasn't changed how well my zucchini grows, I'm still able to go camping, shooting, fishing... in fact, life really isn't so bad at all. But a lot of people sure like to talk like it is; they sit around and talk like "somebody" is always out there ruining things for them instead of looking around their immediate vicinity to find the things that make life worth living.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top