JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know this is a long shot but I am searching for information about the owner of a vicious dog that attacked me last night in Vancouver, WA near Clark College.
Best I can tell it was some sort of pitbull mix, black with spotty brownish coloration all over. They also had a smaller white dog that looked like a Jack Russel terrier or similar.
This moron had his dangerous animal off leash and was using the empty parking lot as his personal off leash dog park. The second the dog saw me they were on me in a flash completely unprovoked and I am very concerned for the safety of our community. I don't want anyone to have their child or dog torn to bits by this very aggressive monster so I would appreciate any info that leads to locating the owner so the police can deal with him accordingly.:mad:

Thanks very much and be safe.

Sadly the norm here is the only way this stops is when one of these morons gets someone hurt or killed. If Animal Control takes that dog they will just get another. Fine them and chances are they will just not pay. It is this reason Wife got me my first body cam long ago. Now the neighborhood I live in now is VERY different in that I have yet to see ANY dog off leash, I still wear one. I HATE to harm another dog. It's not the dogs fault it 's owner is a moron BUT, I will NOT allow another dog to maul me, my dogs, or my family. You can often dissuade an aggressive dog with non lethal and even non lasting effect protections. You have to be willing to use more force with the owner often. Many of these morons get VERY upset if you help them control their dog and want to then make a fight out of it. Again I will not allow myself to be their victim either. This is another place the body cam has shined. Lost track of how many "heated exchanges" suddenly ended when I mentioned, "see this, you are being recorded on video." Amazing how many suddenly turn and leave.

After having 3 close calls with animal attacks, I'm always carrying now. If the situation doesn't allow for it, I at least have mace/pepper spray on me. Not to be pushy, but I don't get why more people don't carry in their daily lives. Especially People of the Gun.

I'm going out in a bit to canvas the neighbor hood because I doubt this is the first time this dog has attacked a person or another dog. Hopefully someone will point me in the right direction. Wish me luck.

Carry. Every day. And have a backup for up close and personal.

I hope you're ok.......

So you didn't report it? Or did it not actually attack you?

I love dogs, but I admittedly hold a prejudice against pitbulls. I've seen plenty that seem like they are decent animals. But I've also seen too many bad endings. And I don't know why so many breed of peace owners look like they come from the best walks of life? Honest opinion is, they are ghetto trash dogs for ghetto trash people. And my ghetto neighborhood is full of them. They must outnumber other breeds around my immediate area 20:1. Makes me sick.

If a dog is rushing me by myself I might actually give it a forearm and see what happens. Pooch might get the benefit of the doubt. But anything over say 35 lbs in attack mode heading for my family, well that dog has made its last mistake. And I agree with the above, always carry.

I didn't get bit but I would still consider it an attack. What would you call it if someone drove their vehicle at you full speed and then veered away when you didn't show fear? To me that's close enough. It's not everyday I get monster dogs threatening me in public for no reason... and yes it was reported to Vancouver PD.
I believe if I had turned to run i would have been mauled or worse. No one should have to face this kind of threat caused by a negligent dog owner.

I didn't get bit but I would still consider it an attack. What would you call it if someone drove their vehicle at you full speed and then veered away when you didn't show fear? To me that's close enough. It's not everyday I get monster dogs threatening me in public for no reason... and yes it was reported to Vancouver PD.
I believe if I had turned to run i would have been mauled or worse. No one should have to face this kind of threat caused by a negligent dog owner.

So carry. And have a backup. That's all I can advise.

I would call that a threat I think. But just a threat. I don't think you're gonna get anyone for attempted murder. Maybe some sort of reckless endangerment charge (if that is a thing?). I'm not sure it would hold up because the person would just say they had something in their eye or they were experiencing a sneezing fit.

But a dog doing or performing a quasi similar action I wouldn't say that was an attack. But like I said before if it was a good size dog that showed what I deem to be serious intent to do harm to my children that dog is done. A few months back I was getting my daughter out of her car seat and 2 loose pitbulls were running down the street. They passed by us within 15-20'. They did not veer towards us or show signs of aggression. No problem. But if they make a beeline for you and start barking furiously I will understand when someone ventilates them. That goes for any dog of mine as well.

ETA: Kinda like the dummy in Florida that got stopped permanently by the UBER driver. We will never know if he meant to actually do grievous harm to the driver or the passenger. Maybe it was all just bluster. Too bad for him he chose the wrong target and the decision was made for him.

Last Edited:
When I was a kid I got bit by the neighbors blue healer. I got bit by my own dog here:

Need advice, got bit by a dog......my own

I love animals, but I'm barely out of my bed when my G26 and my Infidel are part of my everyday dress....

I get up at 4:30-5:00am everyday, put on my bathrobe, slip my pistol into the front pocket, make coffee, then sit in one of the rocking chairs on the front covered veranda on my house and wait for someone to walk on my grass by the sidewalk until 5:45am before I start my day... no takers yet.

;)

I get up at 4:30-5:00am everyday, put on my bathrobe, slip my pistol into the front pocket, make coffee, then sit in one of the rocking chairs on the front covered veranda on my house and wait for someone to walk on my grass by the sidewalk until 5:45am before I start my day... no takers yet.

;)
%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fI5xVnGJRHZZf2%2fgiphy.gif

I never walk on a mans grass! My wife is a bit younger than me and had no understanding of why I thought it was a bit disrespectful for the mailman to walk through everyones grass. I'm not sure if it's just my 'hood' or what. A couple months ago a fill in mailman for our regular guy was smoking? I have never ever seen a mailman walking around with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth o_O

I never walk on a mans grass! My wife is a bit younger than me and had no understanding of why I thought it was a bit disrespectful for the mailman to walk through everyones grass. I'm not sure if it's just my 'hood' or what. A couple months ago a fill in mailman for our regular guy was smoking? I have never ever seen a mailman walking around with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth o_O
Smoking mailman is definitely way out of line. Every time I'm in public and some cretin tries to bum a smoke off me I have to resist the urge to tell them "Why don't you smoke my big, fat [expletive deleted]":eek:

Good on ya! I busted my 23yo son's chops for cutting across the grass to cross the street to his car. I said, "there's CONCRETE pathways to the street for a REASON... it's not to make it easier to walk on my grass!

I'm pretty sure my 1SG scarred me for life when I was barely 18.... that man was OBSESSED with the grass in the Company AO!! I have since grown to "see the light" on the virtues of having a stellar lawn.

:D
1E1EFB18-BF4F-4EA7-A870-D7C623A04399.jpeg

Last Edited:
I know this is a long shot but I am searching for information about the owner of a vicious dog that attacked me last night in Vancouver, WA near Clark College.
Best I can tell it was some sort of pitbull mix, black with spotty brownish coloration all over. They also had a smaller white dog that looked like a Jack Russel terrier or similar.
This moron had his dangerous animal off leash and was using the empty parking lot as his personal off leash dog park. The second the dog saw me they were on me in a flash completely unprovoked and I am very concerned for the safety of our community. I don't want anyone to have their child or dog torn to bits by this very aggressive monster so I would appreciate any info that leads to locating the owner so the police can deal with him accordingly.:mad:

Thanks very much and be safe.

Sadly the norm here is the only way this stops is when one of these morons gets someone hurt or killed. If Animal Control takes that dog they will just get another. Fine them and chances are they will just not pay. It is this reason Wife got me my first body cam long ago. Now the neighborhood I live in now is VERY different in that I have yet to see ANY dog off leash, I still wear one. I HATE to harm another dog. It's not the dogs fault it 's owner is a moron BUT, I will NOT allow another dog to maul me, my dogs, or my family. You can often dissuade an aggressive dog with non lethal and even non lasting effect protections. You have to be willing to use more force with the owner often. Many of these morons get VERY upset if you help them control their dog and want to then make a fight out of it. Again I will not allow myself to be their victim either. This is another place the body cam has shined. Lost track of how many "heated exchanges" suddenly ended when I mentioned, "see this, you are being recorded on video." Amazing how many suddenly turn and leave.

Jason, I like the way you are trying to handle this situation. Good on you man. Coming from someone that was attacked by a vicious 100 pound brindle pit, i totally know where you are coming from. Hopefully the authorities find the owner and put a stop to what hes doing, before someone does get hurt.
As for the other poster with the body cam, I'm glad I wasn't wearing one the night I got attacked.. just sayin....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top