JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We were up with a sick dog most of the night, and were very glad to have our vet book. I consider it an important piece of survival gear. It's called:
Dog Owners Home Veterinary Handbook
By Delbert G Carlson D.V.M
and James M Griffin M.D.
It is incredibly comprehensive, from pediatrics to geriatrics. Has a find it fast symptoms index inside the front cover, and, most helpful to us last night, a dosage chart for people medications by weight.
Mine was printed in 1992 and the book is out of print last time I checked, about a year ago. I got mine at Powells in Portland and I think it's worth searching the net or used book stores for a copy.
BTW Lilly is much better this morning! Gave us quite a scare last night!

I have a copy of the Merks veterinary handbook it's quite comprehensive and has saved some of my animals a trip to "Old Doc Ruger." The Merks handbook covers everything from livestock to pets to exotics.

This arrived from Amazon. Thank you for the recommendation. The updated 2007 version is quite impressive.

Our dogs are both part of our family and part of SHTF plan, so keeping them healthy is important to us.

Peter

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads