JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Those of us who have been waiting to get a doctor for years at the Salem VA medical facility will understand what I am about to say. It sucks having to drive for one to two hours each way for a regular doctor appointment or if you need antibiotics because you are very ill. The local VA will turn you away as I learned first hand. I went there today and was told the situation where they are short nearly half the doctors because they keep quitting is still going on and there are over at least 800 veterans in line to get a doctor. This has not changed in years.

The Veteran's Choice program was worth less to us because if you live within 40 miles of a medical facility you are declined to get community care. This even though I know the Salem VA will take no new patients. This is going on across the country btw. I am trying to make sure the Mission Act which takes over where the Veterans Choice program leaves off that the same problem of not being able to have a local doctor because you live within a certain distance of a VA medical facility isn't going to screw us again.

If you would like to a journalist who is going to be doing an article on how Veterans are at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to getting a doctor in our area or anybody else in the state in the same situation. Please PM me and I will get back to you with the information. I don't want to make public his private cell number. Illegal immigrants and felons can have doctors but Veterans can't is why I am trying to get something done.

As you know the only way the government will do anything about the disgraceful situations the VA has going on is when the public finds out about it. Some of you no doubt remember when a reporter in Arizona made national news when he published how many veterans were dying while waiting for care. It is still happening. Please PM me. Thank you

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top