Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Veterans get 2011 hair tags

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by gunfreak, Jun 21, 2011.

1. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

This year in the Oregon regs book page 88, Disabled Veterans 65% or more get a hair tag for whatever animal they want to bag.

2. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Maybe it's my public education, but I'm not reading that. Page 88 is for disabled qualifications.

3. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

Sorry wrote in a hurry, edited.

4. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

My uncle qualified for that for the last few years before he passed away. Hunt (and shoot) from the rig, shoot a cow elk, have your partner shoot it for you if necessary, etc. He called it his "screw the game warden tag". Pretty cool thing for a truly disabled vet. The very least we can do for them.

5. i8asquirrel

i8asquirrel Keizer, oregon Member

It is good to help people hunt who wish to that have dissabilities....The problem is Mouth breathing rednecks who use the tag to try and cheat. The tag allows you to fire from a patked vehicle.( not on a road way) I have many times seen folks park and sit with thier weapon out the window glassing down a forest road...
    The tag is not a licsense to road hunt its an assist to people who can no longer get out ond walk game up....:thumbup:

6. Savage 223

Savage 223 Klamath Falls, Or New Member

Glad we allow special considerations for truley disabled people. They probably enjoy it more than I do and I'd miss my own funeral to go hunting or fishing.

7. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

"Pretty cool thing for a truly disabled vet"
    How do you all define this?

I have a 90% disability. but i can still walk and pull my own weight. i am blessed to be able to do this and I know it.

8. blacktail hunter

blacktail hunter southern oregon Member

Its the least we can do for our disabled vets for all they have given for our country..

9. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

^^^^^ This.