JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thank you to all for your service. Even the Public Health Service, NOAA folks, and you Space Corp peeps. LOL

Uniformed services of the United States

Thank someone who served or is serving. Smiles and a salute to everyone. Never give up the ship! 1280px-Norfolk_navy_base_piers[1].jpg
Been on all four (tempting target for those who remember Pearl)
FA-18E_of_VFA-195_launches_from_USS_George_Washington_(CVN-73)_in_May_2015[1].JPG
My first squadron (except we were flying A7E's)
Air force weapons training.jpg
Here's a lil jab at my air force buddies (I'll bet the space force doesn't have this problem)

1280px-Norfolk_navy_base_piers[1].jpg FA-18E_of_VFA-195_launches_from_USS_George_Washington_(CVN-73)_in_May_2015[1].JPG

Last Edited:
Happy Veteran's Day to all who have served...!

Often we have done a job , no one else wanted to do , far away from home , with little thanks and damn little pay.
With that said....
I am proud to have served and wouldn't wish to not have experienced what I did , where I did.
Experiences , after all , are a large part of what makes you who you are.
Andy

I wish many thanks to those who have slept in the dirt, slept in a cramped ships berthing area and even those who have slept in luxury barracks/off base housing (yes, I'm looking at you chair force).

Seriously, thanks to all that have spent honorable time in the service to keep this great nation what it is.

I was unable to attend the festivities at the Tahoma national Cemetery in Kent today. I was there three weeks ago to help my wife's friend finally bury her father and mother there. A solemn experience every time I attend one.
You would wonder why a tough old Neanderthal like caveman would come out of there with a wet face every time.

12D85013-D4B6-413E-BE8C-9A68E5BCE401.jpeg

Last Edited:
Thank you to all who have answered the call to serve or who are serving!
It has been my honor, privilege, and pleasure to serve this Nation in times of peace and in war, and I have had the pleasure to serve along side some of the greatest heros and patriots this Nation has ever known! In my own small part, I hope that my time had a positive effect for this country and this world we all share!

God bless all who wear a uniform, you are our connection to the past, the present, and the future of this great and greatful nation!

I try to pepper the internet with photos of my grandfather every Veteran's Day.

Today I was remiss since I was busy out in the woods riding my UTV in sub-freezing temps, carrying a Glock G19, and summiting a mountain before it got dark, all in an attempt to prove my manhood.

Compared to my grandfather, Dennis R. Weaver, who led the invasion to liberate Italy in WWII as a tank commander, I failed miserably.

Here are some photos of my grandfather and his fellow veterans that he took...

u8dqN_EvTgKfffUUo0HdQQ.jpeg

7VCkFOdUSVqHlHda7j2O9Q.jpeg

dveNJu7ARIiPNYjeErIAVg.jpeg

JODtl0WiTMi1-cYJcpFc5w.jpeg

UkBCzRUjQaix8i-5qB_EAQ.jpeg

mOMfCGf3TtmjYEgpiG8xiQ.jpeg

_dv-j9_5QXCsEUuLGYEdeA.jpeg

lJeJbCzuTTm-VTjW1U3ymQ.jpeg

Compared to my grandfather, Dennis R. Weaver, who led the invasion to liberate Italy in WWII as a tank commander, I failed miserably.
I wouldn't be beating myself up like that. From what I've read from you on here, you did yourself proud.

Here are some photos of my grandfather and his fellow veterans that he took...
View attachment 775435
Did they capture that Elefant? :eek:
(I say "Elefant", since it appears to me - from as much as I can see of it - that it's a Panzerjäger Tiger P heavy tank destroyer)

Last Edited:
Did they capture that Elefant? :eek:
(I say "Elefant", since it appears to me - from as much as I can see of it - that it's a Panzerjäger Tiger P heavy tank destroyer)
I never saw these photos until several years after Grandpa died, so I never got the chance to ask about any of them. Like most vets, he rarely talked about the war. He did share with my dad about some of the challenges of living inside of a tank, 24/7, for nearly a year.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top