JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is that date right on the video. 01/12/1998..

I think i remember hearing something about this, When the LEO's went to the house on the license plate the old man ended up fighting and and lossing his life.

Sad to see this happen.

what stat was this in?

Wow. It is incidents like this that make me hurt for all of our officers out there just doing their jobs. I am not a fan of cops or the death penalty but wow. That is extremely difficult to watch and my thoughts go out towards the deputy and his family but I really hope this sucker didn't fry the first time and took a few flips of the switch to breath his last breath as he slowly executed this poor officer of the law just doing his job. One of the few times the officer didn't draw his gun soon enough. RIP Deputy Dinkheller

I didn't watch the video and don't think I can. I makes me too angry and upset to see people fight cops, and worse kill them.

I wanted to bring up the Officer in Washington that went to a call and got shot in the face with a shotgun, do you remember that? It happened a few years ago. He lived, but had to have several surgeries because it literally blew his face off. That incident effected me a lot. LEO or not that a guy like you and me that one day had everything, and in one second, one piece of crap, his whole life is over. I couldn't help but think if it was me I would have wanted to die. I just hope and pray he has been able to get some of his life back and can still live a happy and productive life.

I'm sure if the officer survived and the perp got killed, we'd have all heard how horrible the officer was for shooting a that nice family man.

Really, this video makes me want to tear that jackhole's heart out Terminator style, I'm so mad. If he isn't dead yet, I hope he dies a slow painful death.

Why wasn't this national news?

Keith (A point to note, the officer was capable of returning fire for a very long time, yet apparently only one shot connected, although many were close. Had he stopped the perp with a few well-placed rounds at the beginning of the firefight, he'd have survived. )

I saw this video in a criminal justice class I took in college. My professor who also was a snohomish county deputy showed it to us so that 1. he could scare some people out of the class so he only had to deal with people that actually wanted to be a cop and 2. to show us the violent bubblegums we would have to deal with. It's still very sad though.

<broken link removed>

and to think this guys case gets appealed.... maybe I am an a##, but PTSD or Bi-polar and you do what he did....its 'game over', well IMHO

<broken link removed>

and to think this guys case gets appealed.... maybe I am an a##, but PTSD or Bi-polar and you do what he did....its 'game over', well IMHO

That's a good article, but there seems to be a hint of anti-military, anit-gun bias in there by describing the perp as a 'military trained killer' and his M1 carbine as a 'high powered military issued' weapon. This man used no military training to kill the officer, he was just a raving lunatic firing wildly, and the fact that it took 10 apparently ill-placed rounds to kill the deputy points out the anemic qualities of the M1 Carbine round.

Keith

bubblegumed up situation. this video is played in probably most police academies.. unfortunately, it has been a major contributer to the current shoot-first mentality that today's cop wears on his sleeve. nothing wrong with using it as a training aid, but there's far too little emphasis put on the fact that this type of bubblegum is literally 1 in a billion. be watchful for it, but don't treat the other 999,999,999,999 traffic stops as though they're this guy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top