JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heck, after you get your neighbors all broken in, you'll be playing "Another One Bites The Dust" constantly and at high volume.

Yeah I simply want to put a little time in to show I am a good neighbor before I am out in the yard shooting critters. I wanted to avoid that but the neighbor told me a bit ago animal control did come and set up traps in her yard and the other neighbors....I already know that aint gunna work.
I am going to have to snare the sucker or drop it with the pellet gun some time at night. Likely when it is shoving a cat into my trap. It is the last resort for me but the dog is a pansy...love the dog but it would stand no chance if it got too close and the cat might but has not settled in enough to let it outside. I have a feeling my critter problems will be mostly eliminated as soon as I can let the cat go to work. She has been hissing and spitting at the Raccoons and Squirrels through the window since we got here a few days ago. 15lbs of feline fury for the damn squirrels. At my old place she eliminated the moles when I got her and I never saw a mouse or rat that was not dead and on my door step as a "present" for me.
I grew up in the boonies and shooting something with a .22 was just a common noise. I have a feeling Lake Oswego retired folks would not take very kindly to that on any regular basis. I have no doubt the reason for the trouble is as many have said. Some moron is feeding them...In which case they are smart enough and nasty enough that dropping them is sounding like the only solution. At least I know I tried every other way first.

Like Jbet and ZA said it's probably a nursing female needing nutrition. Since it's avoiding being trapped I doubt it has a brain disease. When I first moved out here I put traps out and all I caught were possums. The coons would dig beneath the trap to get at the food, very smart critters and easily socialized. I'll bet a neighbor is allowing it to eat dog food so it just assumes it's safe.

Ah, you just moved in. Maybe the old resident fed it as a semi-tame pet.
40calruler If you catch a possum and you are a hunter/hiker you might consider keeping it. I heard they have a very acute sense of direction and you can tie one to your belt for while you are in the woods. This is often refered to as a possum compass. If you get lost just release the possum and he will head to the nearest road. You often see a sail possum on the side of the road where they had led someone out of the woods. :)

Like I said..............
and I wouldn't have to post my pusssy story problem on the interwebs.
"Jimbob has 1 raccoon and zero hair on his privates. His sister Syphillis has 1 rifle and zero raccoons, who has more ballz?"

I think I will catch it and put is somewhere in the PDX west side area. I am sure it will shiver at the "real men" there that call names or talk about what a hairy ball sack they have on the "interweb".
Some people really believe their opinion is "fact". I understand that some men still need to prove their manhood....to themselves...even on the "interweb" but its ok. It gives me something to laugh about.

I love you Reggie. I think you need a.........:s0104:

40, make no mistake about it, that critter will shred your cat and it won't be even close. Opposable thumbs, sharp claws, teeth, a far denser coat than the cat and an extremely nasty disposition (think badger and wolverine here- cousins and all you know) and I'd bet the cat won't fare well.
Best of luck which ever option you take.

I hadn't thought about that.. little f'er'd probably be able to pull a switchblade! (look at those cute little "claws"!). lol

th?&id=JN.JeRvqsXfxf3IqcDqLzDfHQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

40, make no mistake about it, that critter will shred your cat and it won't be even close. Opposable thumbs, sharp claws, teeth, a far denser coat than the cat and an extremely nasty disposition (think badger and wolverine here- cousins and all you know) and I'd bet the cat won't fare well.
Best of luck which ever option you take.

Haha yeah the Raccoon would destroy the cat. I was just thinking she would handle the squirrel parades running through the garden. If there is a Raccoon I hope she is smart enough to leave it the hell alone! The other critters she can handle but my 150lb dog was beat to crap by a Raccoon when I grew up in the boonies. He also decided to go after a porcupine and came howling to the porch looking like the guy from hell raiser.....I still have the bag of 70 something quills around somewhere.

I hadn't thought about that.. little f'er'd probably be able to pull a switchblade! (look at those cute little "claws"!). lol

View attachment 241536

Seeing that up close is kinda creepy. No wonder the things can do so much damage....Looks like a alien hand.

Calling it cute is the last thing on my mind! I am thinking I better keep the pellet gun and extra CO2 handy for a war!

Hey 40, just now was speaking with one of the other linemen here at work as he had recently pretty much the same problem with raccoons until he purchased for $35 a sonic control unit that is made by Aspectek that's called the Yard sentinel and he said it works wonders.

Hey 40, just now was speaking with one of the other linemen here at work as he had recently pretty much the same problem with raccoons until he purchased for $35 a sonic control unit that is made by Aspectek that's called the Yard sentinel and he said it works wonders.

I was looking at the one in the link and it seems to have pretty mixed reviews. Some folks love it and some say it does nothing.....I might try it to see since your buddy had it work out for him but I am iffy after reading some reviews.

Yeah I simply want to put a little time in to show I am a good neighbor before I am out in the yard shooting critters. I wanted to avoid that but the neighbor told me a bit ago animal control did come and set up traps in her yard and the other neighbors....I already know that aint gunna work.
I am going to have to snare the sucker or drop it with the pellet gun some time at night. Likely when it is shoving a cat into my trap. It is the last resort for me but the dog is a pansy...love the dog but it would stand no chance if it got too close and the cat might but has not settled in enough to let it outside. I have a feeling my critter problems will be mostly eliminated as soon as I can let the cat go to work. She has been hissing and spitting at the Raccoons and Squirrels through the window since we got here a few days ago. 15lbs of feline fury for the damn squirrels. At my old place she eliminated the moles when I got her and I never saw a mouse or rat that was not dead and on my door step as a "present" for me.
I grew up in the boonies and shooting something with a .22 was just a common noise. I have a feeling Lake Oswego retired folks would not take very kindly to that on any regular basis. I have no doubt the reason for the trouble is as many have said. Some moron is feeding them...In which case they are smart enough and nasty enough that dropping them is sounding like the only solution. At least I know I tried every other way first.

I think I will catch it and put is somewhere in the PDX west side area. I am sure it will shiver at the "real men" there that call names or talk about what a hairy ball sack they have on the "interweb".
Some people really believe their opinion is "fact". I understand that some men still need to prove their manhood....to themselves...even on the "interweb" but its ok. It gives me something to laugh about.

I love you Reggie. I think you need a.........:s0104:

Haha yeah the Raccoon would destroy the cat. I was just thinking she would handle the squirrel parades running through the garden. If there is a Raccoon I hope she is smart enough to leave it the hell alone! The other critters she can handle but my 150lb dog was beat to crap by a Raccoon when I grew up in the boonies. He also decided to go after a porcupine and came howling to the porch looking like the guy from hell raiser.....I still have the bag of 70 something quills around somewhere.

Seeing that up close is kinda creepy. No wonder the things can do so much damage....Looks like a alien hand.

Calling it cute is the last thing on my mind! I am thinking I better keep the pellet gun and extra CO2 handy for a war!

Yeah that looks cool. It has a motion sensor which I like and the remote! I am ordering one. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Yard-Sentinel...&qid=1433548637&sr=8-2&keywords=yard+sentinel

I was looking at the one in the link and it seems to have pretty mixed reviews. Some folks love it and some say it does nothing.....I might try it to see since your buddy had it work out for him but I am iffy after reading some reviews.
You don't need much help in this thread do you?
And these are all from this page.
You will need to seek help if you start quoting your own posts though:cool:

Some guy in another thread here today was wondering what thumper (9mm?) air rifle to get for his coyote problems and when he opened his front door today, a couple a mountain lions were right on his porch.. scared his cat into the house. Decided F it and go all shotgun.
Speaking of which, I've little faith in those c02 pellet rifles for field work on anything larger than a rat or pigeon. I've killed tough jackrabbits galore with .45 lead balls out of a wrist rocket. anyway

You don't need much help in this thread do you?
And these are all from this page.
You will need to seek help if you start quoting your own posts though:cool:

I would quote my own but that is too far. You try working 80 hour weeks and thenjoy take a 2 week vacation. You would likely do a lot of rambling as well!
Boredom is a hell of a thing.

To answer Rev about something with 2 legs vs me. Those animals know better.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top