JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Raccoon threads are the best. I saw a buddy of mine at his house over in the Alameda district hop the neighbors high fence with an aluminum baseball bat and kill a passel of raccoons with it in about five seconds.. it was dark out and he just left the bodies there. I told him he was nuts and if he was caught/found out, he'd be lynched.
Crazy bastid.

I did the same thing, except it was a crippled opossum with tire tracks across its back end.
Hopped the fence with a shovel, two whacks on the head and dug its grave right in the neighbors garden.

Damn, this is a good thread!

Hell hath no fury like a man with his poodle being attacked by a raccoon! Amazing the guy didn't get bit all up!

Problem with shooting/injuring the coon with anything is when/if it crawls to a "Animal Loving" neighbors yard to die. You can't really chase the wounded animal over there and finish it with a club. All you can do is go in the house and hide, and when the neighbor mentions the dead coon in his yard a few day later, play stupid and say something about those "damned cats", killing the thing. Oh...that's with one o' them nasty destructive squirrels. Never mind.

In a similar post as this one, I told my story of using my work van tailpipe to gas a rather pesky coon that I had trapped in my Hav-A-Heart trap. I figured it would be a humane way to go.
This was before I owned a Sparrow suppressor.

I enclosed the trapped coon with a large black plastic bag and piped the exhaust into it with a shop vac hose.
I then started up my van and proceeded to gently euthanize the problem.

What I didn't expect was what happens when you pipe 500 degrees of catalytic converter exhaust into a large bag with a very concerned coon breathing the fumes.
The shrieking could be heard for over two blocks and people were coming out of their houses to see what the heck was going on.
It really did sound like a woman was being beat with a rubber hose and set on fire at the same time.

I rushed to turn off the motor and when I checked on the trapped coon it was belly up in the trap.
I dumped it out of the trap and then used another bag, as the first one was kinda melted onto the trap.

Since I was going to work, I threw it into the back of the van and set off down I-84 thinking I would dispose of the carcass in the large dumpster that would be emptied the next day.

A couple miles from my home, the coon came back from the dead and literately ripped itself free of the bag and last thing you want is an angry bloodshot eyed coon running amok in a moving work van that's trying to chew everything it can sink its teeth into.

I slammed on the brakes and moved into the emergency lane and opened every door.
I had to push it out of the van with a garden rake and then watch as it tried to cross all three lanes while it was spinning in circles.
That reminds me of the movie Tommy Boy when they hit the deer...lol

dancing-raccoon.gif

I just imagine him screaming like a "woman on fire" at the cat to get in the trap. I am going to get him....OH YES he will be relocated. Way too smart to be rabid. Just effing with me now but I will take these battle losses and win the war...At the same time I have to watch my back as every damn morning since I have been here I find ripe strawberries from my garden on my deck. I watched as a squirrel gnawed on one this morning and threw it down.
There are a lot of critters here that want to give me a headache. I am going to have to do a lot to figure out how to keep them at bay. I WANT MY RIPE STRAWBERRIES!!! WHY DOES EVERY RODENT NEED TO BE EFFING WITH ME!!!!??????

OK, so the trap is doing its work!

Only 200 more neighborhood cats left.................:D:D:D:):):)

I do not know that I have ever set up a Raccoon trap without catching a few cats. Thing looked terrified and then wanted me to pet it. My cat is a hater so she just growled and hissed at the poor cat. At least it was in a garbage can and out of the rain.

I am going to get him....OH YES he will be relocated. ....watched as a squirrel gnawed on one ......critters here that want to give me a headache. I am going to have to do a lot to figure out how to keep them at bay. I WANT MY RIPE STRAWBERRIES!!! WHY DOES EVERY RODENT NEED TO BE EFFING WITH ME!!!!??????

Ya know..people batch about not having enough space.
They batch about too much noise.
They batch about neighbors.
They batch about everything.

Then, when they have the opportunity to live "somewhat" in nature, they Batch about the wildlife..............:rolleyes:

Life is a Beach:cool:

Enjoy it Man!

I had baby opossums coming into my kitchen at night and eating things, and after 4 nights of catching them and squirting them out of the kitchen with a squirt gun,, ..they moved on....although I found one dead in my yard.....GRIZ!!!!...

Raccoon threads are the best. I saw a buddy of mine at his house over in the Alameda district hop the neighbors high fence with an aluminum baseball bat and kill a passel of raccoons with it in about five seconds.. it was dark out and he just left the bodies there. I told him he was nuts and if he was caught/found out, he'd be lynched.
Crazy bastid.

It made me laugh awkwardly and cringe at the same time. That is pretty effing brutal man! I do not think I have any crazy like that in me.

Ya know..people batch about not having enough space.
They batch about too much noise.
They batch about neighbors.
They batch about everything.

Then, when they have the opportunity to live "somewhat" in nature, the y Batch about the wildlife..............:rolleyes:

Life is a Beach:cool:

Enjoy it Man!

I had baby opossums coming into my kitchen at night and eating things, and after 4 nights of catching them and squirting them out of the kitchen with a squirt gun,, ..they moved on....although I found one dead in my yard.....GRIZ!!!!...

Was I mistaken in assuming this was a batching forum? I ordered a 80 flipping dollar sprinkler as recommended of Amazon. I am pretty sure that will take care of the back with the garden. I am going to have to buy a super soaker or something portable to squirt these things....Trust me I batch a lot but I know it is not the worst kind of problem to have.
I had people causing trouble all around at my old place. I will take nature over wife beaters and crazy wannabe thugs anytime. At least the animals are amusing and do not make me want to curb stomp them!

So far the worst my neighbors do is mow their lawn early in the morning...At the old place I had to mow the neighbors lawn as it drove me insane to see the "field" next door. I am enjoying even the trapping. Much much better problems these days. Plus it gives me free entertainment and confusion on how these damn things can outwit me!

Was I mistaken in assuming this was a batching forum?

Sorry, I should have labeled that post :s0084:.........or......:s0045:.......:s0144:

Glad you're taking everything in perspective:s0145:

I have Cougars, Bears, Coyotes, Raccoons, opossums, killer deer and squirrels, attack birds, etc. around my home.......I just learn to deal with them and enjoy their presence................although if I felt threatened by any aggressive behavior towards me or Griz, I would not hesitate to "relocate" it/them.

You need some terriers. Jack Russells is what I would try.But most terriers are made for killing vermin .Or get a big mean cat and don't feed it.Sounds like it would eat just fine.
I went to look at this little job and asked if I could let my dog out,would the cat be OK. The guy laughed and said the racoons give it sway,will my dog be OK?
Guess 'coons don't like cats much.
But yeah,I would set up with my bow and some small game tips and have some fun.Maybe use foo foo arrows that don't fly too far.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top