JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It has always amazed me when people have Raccoon problems, and the first thing they think about is killing it.:confused:o_O:rolleyes:

KUDOS for trying to trap it first...., although I found the statement that it is "illegal to do so" (trap it) funny.....:cool:

It's "illegal" to go 36 mph in a 35 mph zone...............
;)

I have always found that if I am more intelligent than the animal, I can resolve the problem without bloodshed.:D

Your (not you personally) results may vary;):D

I would like to get it without killing it but after doing what I know to do it will not comply. I am unsure if killing makes it smarter or me smarter. Maybe it knows the answer...
I would relocate it if I can see it with its kids or something but the chance of rabies makes anything like a net (yeah as jbett said I will lose my hand or face) a little to uncomfortable for me.
I do not want to kill it but the damn thing lingering around the house in the day time is not cool. I like the plan of taking it to the van down by the river but I think Jim is correct in his opinion of how they might not get along.
I was messing with the crossbow and started thinking I would really prefer not to spear the damn thing. There has got to be a way to trap it I am not thinking of. Obviously it understands my basic racoon trap so something else is going to have to get the bastard. It was hanging out in a tree earlier chattering at the dog.
I used the hose as Jim described and yes it was pissed but it GOT OFF MY DAMN LAWN!!

Many mention "let Animal Control" take care of it. Good luck with that as I have tried several times and they say that they ONLY deal with dogs and cats.

If you are ok standing under a tree hosing a raccoon with one hand and taking pics with another you are more man than me! If I get to use the pressure washer I will try to take pics...though I am not sure people want to see that....including myself

Well then did you get a water torture confession of of the racoon:D

Well then did you get a water torture confession of of the racoon:D

It honestly sounded like he spilled his guts. I ran right for the hose after reading your post and then seeing him a bit later. Screamed and hissed every bad thing he has ever done. Then the confession was over. I kinda thought you were nuts but it worked to at least keep him away for the moment.....Though he ran back over to the ladies yard that said "shoot it".
I tried to camouflage the trap in a garbage can that has garbage at the bottom. Wrapped it in some packing paper and tipped the can over and stuck the trap in. Kinda looks like just a regular old garbage can with some treats in it.
Hopefully he goes in there if he comes back....Might not after telling me everything already....

BadCoonLogo.gif

My neighbor tried to keep a mamma coon out of his crawlspace by nailing 3/4" plywood over the foundation vent and when she came back to feed her babies, she proceeded to rip the siding clean off the wall, all the while screaming like a woman being set on fire.

Raccoon? Meh. I want to hear more about Jbett setting that woman on fire.

I know they wash their food in water but really get them wet and they act just like wet cats, pissed and they don't come back.:D

Raccoon? Meh. I want to hear more about Jbett setting that woman on fire.

In a similar post as this one, I told my story of using my work van tailpipe to gas a rather pesky coon that I had trapped in my Hav-A-Heart trap. I figured it would be a humane way to go.
This was before I owned a Sparrow suppressor.

I enclosed the trapped coon with a large black plastic bag and piped the exhaust into it with a shop vac hose.
I then started up my van and proceeded to gently euthanize the problem.

What I didn't expect was what happens when you pipe 500 degrees of catalytic converter exhaust into a large bag with a very concerned coon breathing the fumes.
The shrieking could be heard for over two blocks and people were coming out of their houses to see what the heck was going on.
It really did sound like a woman was being beat with a rubber hose and set on fire at the same time.

I rushed to turn off the motor and when I checked on the trapped coon it was belly up in the trap.
I dumped it out of the trap and then used another bag, as the first one was kinda melted onto the trap.

Since I was going to work, I threw it into the back of the van and set off down I-84 thinking I would dispose of the carcass in the large dumpster that would be emptied the next day.

A couple miles from my home, the coon came back from the dead and literately ripped itself free of the bag and last thing you want is an angry bloodshot eyed coon running amok in a moving work van that's trying to chew everything it can sink its teeth into.

I slammed on the brakes and moved into the emergency lane and opened every door.
I had to push it out of the van with a garden rake and then watch as it tried to cross all three lanes while it was spinning in circles.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top