JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Clark County lost my paperwork on a pistol transfer about 8 weeks ago. Pawn shop called them after about 4 weeks wait. County said they couldn't find the paperwork. I had to resubmit and then it went through in 10 days.

It could be something as simple as the county worker accidentally deleted the email application, and it needs to be resubmitted.

Other pistol and semi auto rifle transfers went through within 14 days, lately. No other delays. Just the lost one.
Yeah I had to re submit it about 2.5 weeks ago and still nothing. They said they were going to call and check, but they are saying at this point I am going to have to go in and submit my paperwork a third time… which seems really strange to me as I'm coming up on 3 months of waiting. Just got another one approved yesterday. So shouldn't have anything to do with background issues.

Yeah I had to re submit it about 2.5 weeks ago and still nothing. They said they were going to call and check, but they are saying at this point I am going to have to go in and submit my paperwork a third time… which seems really strange to me as I'm coming up on 3 months of waiting. Just got another one approved yesterday. So shouldn't have anything to do with background issues.
Sadly this is what happens when a bunch of bureaucrats are in charge of something. Should be simple but the more bureaucracy you add the more often this is what you get. You have people who do not care if they perform because it does not matter to their pay or job. Sadly this is what people wanted and the rest of us just have to live with it until enough people decide they want change. If there is something wrong in someones background they will hear something before long. When the stuff seems to just fall into a black hole it just means the system lost it.

Older thread but in it you say the same complaint over and over without offering a solution but perhaps there isn't one. Any Common Law experts have any advice?

Personally, I'm not sure that this problem can be voted away. Chinese voting machines with Hammer and Scorecard software and access to the internet would likely affect the outcome even if every vote were red.

While I respect your right to an opinion, saying that gun owners caused this, seems to me like something politicians convinced us to say. Similar to: "they're coming from California to escape their policies, yet they're doing the same thing to our state" or "they got what they voted for". It's a lie that leads us away from the bitter and difficult truth.

THE MACHINES ARE RIGGED. Economic collapse has been initiated. Not sure what the solutions are to that but it'll take more than riling up some more votes.

Before I derail this thread any further, does anyone have a list of legal recourses for law abiding gun owners that were denied or inconvenienced by excessively long wait times?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads