JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What should be done about gun owners who are prescribed psychotropic drugs?

• Nothing. There is no clear evidence that they are a danger to anyone.

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Should have to clear a psych eval to be allowed to purchase a firearm.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Should have to clear a psych eval annually to own firearms.

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • have to have used the drug for more than one year before being allowed to own a firearm.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Serious research" starts with a source.

With no credible citation anywhere, I'm going back to sleep.

Not to mention the obvious-- this whole line of hogwash is like blaming the speeding ticket for the accident.

Well then Go Back to Sleep! Oh and a traffic violation is generally the cause of a traffic accident. The ticket is just the proof. So go back to sleep.

On a related note, I do feel that removing the restrictions that kept drug companies from advertising prescription meds was a terrible idea. Once they started allowing the advertising of RX meds there was a flood of advertisements suggesting that everyone should be happy and cheerful 24/7/365 and if you were not you should ask your doctor about RX _____. along with that super small scrolling text telling you that it could cause about 200 times the bad side effects of what the med is supposed to fix.... I wonder what percentage of people would not be on the meds if they weren't seen on TV, and how many of those people would be doing just fine without the meds...

Here's a fairly well designed look at meds and violence. The defining factor id'd here is non-compliance with medication, not the meds themselves. In other words, just what I said in my original post arguing against the post on banning psychotropic medications. The numbe of subjects, 60, is actually quite high for studies on an admittedly minority percentage of mentally ill individuals who are violent.
http://www.bnl.gov/medical/Personnel/Alia-Klein/pdf/AggressiveBehavior07.pdf

Another factor leading to violence id'd in the study I posted is a given individual's insight into the fact they have a mental illness and whether or not they perceive others as thinking they have mental problems. Most of the shooters we've seen clearly fit these descriptions. It ain't the meds, guys. It's what the meds keep under control.

This stuff is easy to find if you know how to do basic academic searches. Seven years of graduate school is where I learned how, but it's not rocket science. But these kind of studies are based on actual science using scientific experimental methods and rigorous statistical analytical techniques, so that alone is enough for a particular group of people to discount them. Sad, but true.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I thought a Libtard was a spandex outfit worn by left wing acrobats. As far as Democrats go, for the record, I am one. Yep, retired military, ex USAF Chief Master Sergeant (E-9), Second Amendment loving, died in the wool Democrat. As to the "tard" part, that's one of the few socially incorrect things that I believe really needs to be wiped off people's lips.

I use those insults to identify fools.

When I hooked up with my wife, she was a Far Left Card-Carrying Barking Moonbat.

Ten years ago, she said if all gun owners were like me, she wouldn't have a problem with guns. Now, twenty years on, she's a gun owner.

You can set an example, you can demonstrate responsible gun ownership, and you can educate by example.

Or you can throw foolish words around like kindergarteners.

I, for one, know which method works and which doesn't.

Here's a fairly well designed look at meds and violence. The defining factor id'd here is non-compliance with medication, not the meds themselves. In other words, just what I said in my original post arguing against the post on banning psychotropic medications. The numbe of subjects, 60, is actually quite high for studies on an admittedly minority percentage of mentally ill individuals who are violent.
http://www.bnl.gov/medical/Personnel/Alia-Klein/pdf/AggressiveBehavior07.pdf

Just found this on the Drudge report, old news perhaps. It does make me wonder how James Holmes would score in the testing done in this research.

James Holmes' psychiatrist warned he may pose threat - latimes.com

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top