JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got an old Ruger GP100 that has been well cared for, but well used over the last few decades.

Needed a tune up, so I took it to a local smith reccommended by my favorite LGS. He really screwed the pooch on this one. The cylinder release now hangs up badly and the SA trigger is light, to light. About 5-6 ounces. If I don't have a negligent discharge that lands me in jail, this trigger will quickly wear to the point of a push off. I consider this revolver to be unuseable as well as unsafe.

Its bad.

At the same time, I had him rebuild my old Kimber Custom Classic with Wilson parts. The trigger is like dragging a brick across concrete. The grip safety he fitted just barely, and I mean barely engages the trigger. The slightest brush disengages it. Not safe in my opinion.

There are other notable issues with both, but far to many to go into here. 7 months and several hundred dollars down the drain.

I have the experiance/skills to repair both, but my hands don't handle delicate precision work anymore, so I don't trust myself to be able to do it.

Any reccomendations for a good, area gunsmith that can take these on?

Much appreciated. :s0094:

titsonritz....

Apparently so, I paid quite a lot. 🤬

Solv3nt.....

Yes, lesson learned. An expensive one. Check out reccomendation and do my own research.

Oremike....

This experiance has soured me so bad that I may have to sit down and do it myself. Like I said, I have the skill and experiance. That said, my hands don't do precision work anymore. I'll just have to go slow, take a lot of breaks.

But my knuckles are throbbing just thinking about it. :s0117:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads