JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Click in there and respond to the poll!

Cosmopolitan goes guns for Pitt; what will liberal Seattle think?

Respondents to an unscientific poll about guns in the home that is currently underway online with Cosmopolitan might be sending a signal about why anti-gunners – exemplified, it would seem, by much of Seattle’s “progressive” population – are a bit out of touch with the rest of American civilization.

<broken link removed>

So you voted on the poll?!

I have never looked at a cosmopolitan magazine but, i know women who do. I gave them a call and they voted, while i talked with them.

The question was this: Would you be okay with your guy hiding a gun at home?

The ladies voted for the following-

Yes. It makes me feel safe.
I have my own gun at home.

So, there you have it. :s0114:

So far there has been: total Votes: 1,401

Here is the results-

Yes. It makes me feel safe. 30%
No. It freaks me out. 24%
I have my own gun at home. 27%
It doesn't bother me either way.18%

It seems the anti-firearm crowd, is in the minority.

So far there has been: total Votes: 1,401

Here is the results-

Yes. It makes me feel safe. 30%
No. It freaks me out. 24%
I have my own gun at home. 27%
It doesn't bother me either way.18%

It seems the anti-firearm crowd, is in the minority.

They always are and they are noisy! That annoying whine really carrys a long way!

So you voted on the poll?!

And why not, and get your wife to vote too.

Matter of fact: When the bears are visiting (spring for winter kill, fall for berries) and my wife and I are walking up to our maibox (about a 1/2 mile), my wife will ask..."you have your gun with you?" before we leave...makes her feel safe...she also owns her own gun, but she expects me to be carring mine.

I'm going to blame that one on the keyboard :)

And why not, and get your wife to vote too.

Matter of fact: When the bears are visiting (spring for winter kill, fall for berries) and my wife and I are waking up to our maibox (about a 1/2 mile), my wife will ask..."you have your gun with you?" before we leave...makes her feel safe...she also owns her own gun, but she expects me to be carring mine.

You sleep in the mailbox? :s0140:

OK, here's the missing "l"

Wait, what's the point of the Brad Pitt comment?

This "article" is confusing. Was it just to tell us about an internet poll on a women's magazine or to poke fun at Brad Pitt? Is this news? Punditry?

Furthermore, how does this relate to legal/political? Off-topic maybe.

But (and I'm not a Brad Pitt fan per se) isn't he saying things that we ultimately support? Is he not supporting gun ownership as an American right, form of self defense and "part of the American DNA"?

I don't get it, nor the "very cosmopolitan" line.

Is it just another expression of this cultural divide that liberals, city-dwellers and anyone who's not a conservative backwoods hick somehow isn't a true gun-supporter?

And what's with all the conjecture about Seattle citizens and the assumptions about how their women feel about anything? This obvious disdain for anyone who lives in a big city is just as childish and trivial as my comment about country hicks.

Furthermore, who's to say what the political make-up of the readership of Cosmopolitan is? Just more assumptions and conjecture.

Bleh, I don't even know why I care, I just don't see how this fits in this forum.

But (and I'm not a Brad Pitt fan per se) isn't he saying things that we ultimately support? Is he not supporting gun ownership as an American right, form of self defense and "part of the American DNA"?

Well DUH! Pitt is a "very liberal guy" and yet he likes having a gun around the house, something that is likely to cause many libs to get the heebee jeebies.

I don't get it, nor the "very cosmopolitan" line.

You've never seen TOMBSTONE, and you evidently didn't read where the column refers to the "very Cosmopolitan" scene. And apparently, you fail at word association. :rolleyes:

Is it just another expression of this cultural divide that liberals, city-dwellers and anyone who's not a conservative backwoods hick somehow isn't a true gun-supporter?

We'' just ignore your sneer at "backwoods hicks" and go for the gusto. Liberals who vote liberal are, by their very nature, self-destructive of their civil rights, don't you think? Like it or not, the liberal wing is traditionally the birthplace of every restrictive gun control measure to come along. If people keep returning Libs to power, much less public office, they are effectively contributing to their own throat cutting.

And what's with all the conjecture about Seattle citizens and the assumptions about how their women feel about anything? This obvious disdain for anyone who lives in a big city is just as childish and trivial as my comment about country hicks.

Are you deliberately this thick, or is this some kind of trolling? It's not conjecture when you look at the historic voting pattern. Patty Murray. Maria Cantwell. Christine Gregoire. Adam Kline. Jim McDermott. Jeanne Kohl-Welles.
When people like that get elected time and again by carrying the vote easily in Seattle, it takes all the guesswork out of it.

Furthermore, who's to say what the political make-up of the readership of Cosmopolitan is? Just more assumptions and conjecture

Show me a large city that doesn't elect liberals by an overwhelming margin.

Bleh, I don't even know why I care, I just don't see how this fits in this forum.

Several others seem to get it.

Liberal Hollywood ... conservative Hollywood .... I am not going to be swayed by the Pitt's, Sarandon's, Gibson's, and Eastwood's. They all need to stick to filling movie theater seats.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top