JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had a great deer season. I was able to get out a lot which was very nice. My wife got to go most times which made it more fun. Hunted the Snow Peak area and Marys Peak to Harlen. A lot of does. About 5 to 10 or more every time out. Finally connected about 530pm this evening in a nice thinned patch of bigger timber with a lot of maple and ferns which I had never seen before. Nice heavy body 3 point. Great memories. IMG_20201.jpg IMG_20241.jpg

To your accomplishment here, Chuck Adams (many people do not know that he was a dedicated rifle hunter for quite some time) regarded a mature Coastal Blacktail Buck .(I take license to paraphrase here because I had it memorized at one time): "...is the most difficult trophy to obtain on the North American Continent."

Guys that are good at it justifiably laugh at what he said...when talking with buddies.
In private, they know the work they have put in to get there.
And they KNOW he is right.

I sold my Rem 700 300 ultra mag to someone on this web site in 2014-15 and highly regret it but that is where the screen name came from. With the exception of my Rem 742 that I have had for 38 years I have all Rugers now except my 870 slug gun.
Anyway details- rifle is a Ruger M77 MKii in 30.06. Bullet is a Remington 180gr htp all copper bullet. Yardage was about 25yds but I am extremely impressed with the bullets performance. It was dead before it hit the ground with very little shrapnel or wasted blood shot meat. It was facing me and hit it low in the neck. Would definitely recommend them. And yes 1 shot.

I sold my Rem 700 300 ultra mag to someone on this web site in 2014-15 and highly regret it but that is where the screen name came from. With the exception of my Rem 742 that I have had for 38 years I have all Rugers now except my 870 slug gun.
Anyway details- rifle is a Ruger M77 MKii in 30.06. Bullet is a Remington 180gr htp all copper bullet. Yardage was about 25yds but I am extremely impressed with the bullets performance. It was dead before it hit the ground with very little shrapnel or wasted blood shot meat. It was facing me and hit it low in the neck. Would definitely recommend them. And yes 1 shot.

Love it when a plan comes together! Great rifle too, I have one in 300 Win Mag.

Not sure what the weight is yet. Will weigh the meat when I bone it out mid week.
The center fire Ruger rifle collection: All M77 MKii stainless with all weather stocks.
300 Win Mag
20190530_194233.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews