JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I've been researching quite a bit but can't find a definitive answer to the following question:

I have a 10/22 Carbine with a 16" rifled barrel and a Samson folding stock. I would like to install an adjustable-angle foregrip that can be secured at a fully-vertical 90° angle. Is this prohibited by the ATF and/or State of Oregon?

Thanks in advance!

i-know-nothing-nothing.jpg

There might/maybe something.......about an overall length of X inches?

BUT, But, but.....I'm NOT here to give Legal Advice. So you'll have to look it up or contact your friendly BATF Office.

Aloha, Mark

Since I like to assume stuff.

I'd assume that....... a major manufacturer of a replacement stock....... would market stuff to the general public, that would be a swap in/out. Well, that's how I'd do it. In other words.......I'd assume that it was a simple and legal swap.

But, as for the LAW (and the verticle grip)? Yeah.....laws can vary from location to location (say jurisdiction to jurisdiction). So......you'll also be wise to not only research Federal Laws but your State and Local Laws too.

See how that works?
Like a 10 round or say a 30 round magazine law. Yeah.....various "hi-cap magazine" laws. But then......maybe you're only allowed/limited to have 8 rounds in it while in public (in some jurisdictions). Or even less than that, while hunting.

Of course it's all stupid (IMHO) BUT, But, but......Yeah.....stuff ain't ALWAYS easy or as cut and dry, as we would like.

Aloha, Mark

BTW.....I was thinking about CA. That "vertical grip" might just be considered to be a "forward pistol grip" by another name. So.......yeah CA. And they might just consider your Ruger 10/22 as NOW an "ASSAULT WEAPON".

Whatever.......there is NO reason to ever be going into CA. Rrrrright.......

Aloha, Mark

PS...things are changing quickly. So, stand by......to be confused even more.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top