JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I used to have just a surefire mounted to the left of the barrel that I activated with my thumb, this was convenient as my thumb was just right there to push forward on the tail cap and momentarily light the area with my hand held in the normal position under the fore-end.

Then I added a vertical fore-grip and moved the light to the right side of the barrel so I could activate it with my thumb while my hand was wrapped around the fore-grip. This provided a more stable grip and more comfortable light activation method.

Then I added an infra red laser to go with my NVG's to the top of the rail. I used the dual pressure remote switch for this taped to the foregrip with electrical tape. I could now activate the green day visible laser or infra red laser by squeezing the right section of the pressure switch while using my thumb to activate the light if needed, all while my hand was comfortably on the fore-grip.

Trouble is, the pressure switch has been a bit unreliable. I worry that it will catch on things in heavy brush and get pulled out at a bad time. Also, I've found it to randomly malfunction over time, the 3.5 mm mini jack sometimes has to be turned to get it to activate correctly now...

SO I've removed the fore-grip and for now am trying the C clamp method. I can activate the PEQ15 style laser system that is mounted on the top rail on the laser comfortably via a push button on the unit and use my finger knuckle to active the light momentarily. It's not too bad but I'm torn. It is not as comfortable to hold long term or activate as the previous setup with the fore-grip and pressure switch, but it is also less likely to experience problems with the wire for the pressure switch. I feel like that is waiting to fail at a bad time. I know a lot of guys have these on their setup but how many actually take theirs out for hard use rather than the static range or leaving it in the safe. Use it regularly and it's kind of meh.

Should I go back to the foregrip with pressure switch or use the C clamp and call it good. It's certainly more reliable, though not as comfortable to hold or activate. My wrist is already hurting from testing the new setup for the past hour or so.

Seems like a lot of military also found the pressure switches not only unreliable but easier to negligently activate.

Last Edited:
I used to have a few VFGs. I found that I don't use them much and they get in the way as I transition from short hold to long hold. Now I use hand stops. Last year I'd have told you it doesn't matter because you're not going to be running around through yards or woods with that thing anyway. This year, not so sure. o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top