JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I received this amongst the avalanche of email in my inbox today...

"...Did you know.....
• A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
• A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
• A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
• A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
• A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
• A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.
• A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
• At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon. 2500 times last year alone legal gun owners stopped violent crime when confronted with it long before any police assistance ..."

Unfortunately what is was completely lacking is SOURCES.

And I got to thinking, I'd like to see the longest list possible of verifiable (with at least a link to a semi-reputable website, knowing as we all do that the internet is "never wrong") incidents where someone having a gun, or better yet, a concealed gun, defended themselves or others from serious injury or death. And not to be morbid, but I would rather focus on DEATH and RAPE, since those seem to be the "worst" offenses.

Any takers? Please give basic info such as Date, Location, Perp's Name, Crime (I'm intentionally leaving out the names of the good guys because if I was them, I wouldn't want my name out there any more then it had to be.)

I used mine in 2004, all I had to do was show the two Spanish speaking "gentlemen" that I was armed and would not be a victim! Grabbed my .45 off the floor in full view of the windshield on the motorhome, holstered it a went to get the 12GA out of the back. When I got back to the front they were gone.

I used mine in 2004, all I had to do was show the two Spanish speaking "gentlemen" that I was armed and would not be a victim! Grabbed my .45 off the floor in full view of the windshield on the motorhome, holstered it a went to get the 12GA out of the back. When I got back to the front they were gone.

Things like this go mostly unreported and are not in any of the statistics we see. o_O

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews