JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Venmo, Zelle, CashApp, Apple Pay, etc. all work the same way. It's as good as cash. No fees, and the buyer can't reverse the charges later so the seller is protected. For face-to-face transactions, it's good to go. For shipping transactions, I would avoid as both a buyer and seller.
Most credit card companies view a transfer as a cash advance, so you'll get nailed with fees if you swipe. I refuse to use my checking account number on anything, as it takes longer to get your money back on fraud.

Cash is king.

It is too easy for someone do to a chargeback and screw you. Sellers generally have very little recourse with these apps.
This is what I would prefer. Unfortunately, due to the nature of my businesses, on the money's received I would be losing money to not use the customers preferences. That being said. That money is immediately transferred to an account at a different institution. That institution is probably also a crook. But we are talking about the financial sector here folks. It's kind of a choose your form of execution type of decision. Haha.

Paypal has banned many people's accounts for firearm related items, locking their funds for at least 4 months and in many cases flat out stealing their PayPal funds. Ive switched to zelle when receiving funds. My zelle app linked to my credit union and now goes directly through my account. Probably something required by my credit union. I do pay occasionally via zelle, but make sure you know the person. You can't get your funds back once they are sent. I have cash app and venmo, both charge fees for same day transfer or can take several days for no fees.

Paypal has banned many people's accounts for firearm related items, locking their funds for at least 4 months and in many cases flat out stealing their PayPal funds. Ive switched to zelle when receiving funds. My zelle app linked to my credit union and now goes directly through my account. Probably something required by my credit union. I do pay occasionally via zelle, but make sure you know the person. You can't get your funds back once they are sent. I have cash app and venmo, both charge fees for same day transfer or can take several days for no fees.
Yes this exactly. I'm trying to setup a business PayPal account and can't because my personal account was flagged for firearms

Yes this exactly. I'm trying to setup a business PayPal account and can't because my personal account was flagged for firearms
I use PayPal as little as possible now, for just that reason. I used to keep all my play money there, but now it usually 100 or less. Not risking some adding a note that is gun related. Cash app is a hassle, have but haven't used venmo. Zelle seems really good so far

I use PayPal as little as possible now, for just that reason. I used to keep all my play money there, but now it usually 100 or less. Not risking some adding a note that is gun related. Cash app is a hassle, have but haven't used venmo. Zelle seems really good so far

I dont get this because you can openly buy gun stuff off of ebay with paypal can't you?
Ive never reviewed PP TOS agreement. But just assumed since its every where on ebay its no problem.

Ive been opposed to PP for decades because of their known preference for funneling money overseas. They pretty much used to be the gold standard for funneling.

I agree cash is king. I used to STRICTLY use cash, prepaid visas/MC, and USPS MO.

AFIK theres still apps where you can create a digital visa for each individual purchase. Its the same as having a physical CC you just cant swipe it.

Venmo can be reversed if you claim your card was stolen.
Hmmm. I wonder?
I heard you could only reverse it if it was still in their venmo account and not transferred into your bank/card yet.

Is that only if you transfer it to your card? I transfer to my bank account.

Ive also heard MANY stories of PP locking your actual bank Acct. Or withdrawing funds without approval. So ive never been thrilled about even linking an account to them.

I would LOVE to get one of those nice high power 8 watt lasers diodes before they ban them. In need PP though :mad:

I'm pretty sure ebay owns PayPal, so they do what they want. Ebay has banned all kinds of gun related parts. If its AK or SKS its pretty much not allowed now.

Paypal has taken money out of my account when it was to be processed on a CC. Turns out eBay sellers didn't take PayPal with credit card. I wasn't notified or asked to use a different funding source, just hit the original account I set up for PayPal, the one with nothing in it. They actually did it twice even though I changed primary funding source. Called their CS in another country. Couldn't even get someone on the line that spoke English well enough to fix it. Bank fixed it and I removed my bank accounts from paypal.

Last Edited:
This is why i NEVER like to put down what im selling on there. I assume they are reviewing my purchases for their approval. Just put down "dinner" or "garbage bill" etc.
These companies (and demon rat cohorts) are like hydra these days weaseling their tentacles into every thing
agreed. Unfortunately the buyers messed it up.

I dont get this because you can openly buy gun stuff off of ebay with paypal can't you?
Ive never reviewed PP TOS agreement. But just assumed since its every where on ebay its no problem.

Ive been opposed to PP for decades because of their known preference for funneling money overseas. They pretty much used to be the gold standard for funneling.

I agree cash is king. I used to STRICTLY use cash, prepaid visas/MC, and USPS MO.

AFIK theres still apps where you can create a digital visa for each individual purchase. Its the same as having a physical CC you just cant swipe it.
I used the app Privacy, they have those digital credit cards. You can create a card for each site and set limits on it in case that site gets hacked. However, my computer was hacked while the browser plugin was logged in, and they tried 20 different purchases, all rejected, until they were able to buy some apple gift cards from some asian site. The company was not helpful in cancelling the transactions, even though I told them hours after it happened, and ended up having to declare a stolen card to my bank to get the charges cancelled(and Privacy ended up paying for the chargeback). The fact that they allowed $1500 in charges after a spate of suspicious activity makes me think their security is not great, but it is another layer between sites and your actual banking account.

I'm looking to clear a little shelf space and have always used PayPal on eBay and the like, but lately I hear of some expressing dislike for it, so I thought I'd inquire about alternatives? I'm most aware of Venmo, but tend to avoid cluttering up my phone with Apps, and a quick look shows it to be a service of PayPal. How is it working for you, and/or what alternatives do you suggest?

Thanks!!

I love Venmo but am not opposed to the other companies. It blows my mind the amount of people that don't know what it is how it works and the huge # of people that actually refuse to use it. Absolutely wild lol

I love Venmo but am not opposed to the other companies. It blows my mind the amount of people that don't know what it is how it works and the huge # of people that actually refuse to use it. Absolutely wild lol
Only takes one time, getting burned via an electronic payment, to realize that can NEVER happen when dealing with cash.

Guns and electronic third party electronic payments should always be cautioned.

Not stating you are a scammer, but scammers almost always use some form of bait and switch using an electronic payment services. That simply CAN NOT HAPPEN when cash is involved.

Pay in cash, only two people involved are the seller and buyer, period. Pay using a third party cash app using a credit card, that is not 1 but 2 extra parties involved. 2 parties that aren't needed in my opinion, especially when it comes to a firearm sale. Especially if those extra two parties can be manipulated in any way buy the seller or buyer to screw over one or the other, which has happened to many, even some here.

Only takes one time, getting burned via an electronic payment, to realize that can NEVER happen when dealing with cash.

Not stating you are a scammer, but scammers almost always use some form of bait and switch using an electronic payment services. That simply CAN NOT HAPPEN when cash is involved.

Pay in cash, only two people involved are the seller and buyer, period. Pay using a third party cash app using a credit card, that is not 1 but 2 extra parties involved. 2 parties that aren't needed in my opinion, especially when it comes to a firearm sale. Especially if those extra two parties can be manipulated in any way buy the seller or buyer to screw over one or the other, which has happened to many, even some here.
To be fair, there is such a thing as counterfeit cash and it's been used effectively since before there was paper money.

I get it man I guess I just go off my experiences and my character. We will be face to face when the money is sent and face to face when you send the money to your bank and see it instantly.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top