JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to clear a little shelf space and have always used PayPal on eBay and the like, but lately I hear of some expressing dislike for it, so I thought I'd inquire about alternatives? I'm most aware of Venmo, but tend to avoid cluttering up my phone with Apps, and a quick look shows it to be a service of PayPal. How is it working for you, and/or what alternatives do you suggest?

Thanks!!

I prefer Zelle, it's backed by all major financial institutions and linked to your accounts directly. All you need is a phone number and your banking app to enroll.
Just don't send money to the wrong person, there is no way to reverse charge or file a claim after you agree to send (from my understanding of online reviews, I've never accidently spent money I didn't want to spend).

PS: I'm wary of setting up transfer services with a bunch of different companies, and figure I'd just use the company that essentially already has my information.

I use Venmo for all sorts of stuff, including firearm sales. To me, it's easier to use Venmo with people who you know/have their contact in your phone. For a one-off thing, PayPal is easier to me. If you use Venmo, you may want to make sure you have your transactions set to Private.

Venmo, Zelle, CashApp, Apple Pay, etc. all work the same way. It's as good as cash. No fees, and the buyer can't reverse the charges later so the seller is protected. For face-to-face transactions, it's good to go. For shipping transactions, I would avoid as both a buyer and seller.

Venmo and Zelle for my transactions. I tend to avoid PayPal for what I think is obvious reasons (*cough* anti-gun)

I'm looking to clear a little shelf space and have always used PayPal on eBay and the like, but lately I hear of some expressing dislike for it, so I thought I'd inquire about alternatives? I'm most aware of Venmo, but tend to avoid cluttering up my phone with Apps, and a quick look shows it to be a service of PayPal. How is it working for you, and/or what alternatives do you suggest?

Thanks!!
I use only PAYPAL but now you need to be more than discreet. They hate guns,ammo,powder you get the picture.

Venmo -most convenient
Cash app - apx the same interface but less popular
Zelle - Lowest fees my preferred if they have their bandits mobile app already on their phone
PayPal-on par with AOL (as in the best days are probably behind them)
and other out of date financial sector business models.

I use venmo but don't really like it. Too much like social media, doesn't feel professional enough. It's a way to pay people, though which can be convenient

I still use Paypal because I do it from my computer. I don't use my phone for anything except phone calls, pictures and occasional texts. I don't need an electronic umbilical cord.

Thanks!!
All are dorkishly anti gun.. however what they dont know wont hurt them. Venmo is quite easy to use, just like paypal

Venmo -most convenient
Cash app - apx the same interface but less popular
Zelle - Lowest fees my preferred if they have their bandits mobile app already on their phone
PayPal-on par with AOL (as in the best days are probably behind them)
and other out of date financial sector business models.
Thanks everyone...looks like old school remains best (albeit slow) choice...with "discreet" PayPal still functional.

I dont get that because i have recently bought openely advertised gun stuff off of ebay which AFIK ebay still owns PP and PP owns Venmo. I use venmo but want to quit. It works i have made many transactions with it. But agree i hate all these social media sh¡t stains getting those nose all up in our private business. Its an infringement.

Big heads up. Was just looking at cash app the other day even downloaded it then remembered to look up who owns it...
Surprise!! Its Square. Care to guess who is the biggest share holder?

All these apps seem to have foundations in a hydra type organization. Where they are dead set out to making you the product. And ultimately bending you toward their will (eventually) if you dont see it you may not be looking close enough.

Also looking into venmo i heard mention of "Plaid" and then looked into them further. Plaid was sued for basically selling your transactions and you never even knowing they existed and let alone signing their TOS.
was a major lawsuit.

Its all crooked if you ask me.
If that isnt enough look at the app permissions. They are WAY over reaching.

Ill look into zelle though it may have potential.

4ki0lj.jpg

I dont get that because i have recently bought openely advertised gun stuff off of ebay which AFIK ebay still owns PP and PP owns Venmo. I use venmo but want to quit. It works i have made many transactions with it. But agree i hate all these social media sh¡t stains getting those nose all up in our private business. Its an infringement.

Big heads up. Was just looking at cash app the other day even downloaded it then remembered to look up who owns it...

All these apps seem to have foundations in a hydra type organization. Where they are dead set out to making you the product. And ultimately bending you toward their will (eventually) if you dont see it you may not be looking close enough.

Also looking into venmo i heard mention of "Plaid" and then looked into them further. Plaid was sued for basically selling your transactions and you never even knowing they existed and let alone signing their TOS.
was a major lawsuit.

View attachment 836036
I just have my bank apps, so no additional software needed.

was a major lawsuit.

View attachment 836036
If I were completely honest, they are all crooked and you should be highly suspicious of all of them. That being said, simply not doing business is not an option to me. I never understand businesses trying to force their customers to use their "preferred" form of pay station/transaction platform. I will take your money on any platform just as fast as you will deliver it please :) haha. That being said. They all suck. Just a required cost/risk of doing business IMO.
Not trying to hijack the thread, but...this is why crypto will win in the long run. In spite of what the suddenly -on media all day in spite of never doing that for 30 year- shill gates is saying. Crypto defi and encryption is undeniably the most advanced encryption possible thus far. Which will eventually lead to these apps becoming less banks and more like clearinghouses. IMO. IMO. This is not investment/financial advice. Me dumb ape. Simply a belief that these "apps" will become less relevant as more crypto wallets are used.

Cash is king.

It is too easy for someone to do a chargeback and screw you. Sellers generally have very little recourse with these apps.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads