JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Venezuelan-President-Nicolas-Maduro-courtesy-breitbart.com_.jpg
"On Sunday Mr Maduro said his government 'continued to pursue the dream, the utopia of a Venezuela in peace,' and promised to build 'peace with love, justice and a will to work.'" Venezuela's Maduro launches civilian disarmament plan [via bbc.

Hmm. Sounds like an original idea. Wonder how this will play out. If only there was some historic reference we could see how this has gone in the past four other countries.

The crime has been bad for a long time in Venezuela, but lately it's off the charts: kidnappings for ransom, robberies, rapes, you name it. Maduro has to be seen as doing something, and writing ridiculous laws is what lawmakers do, after all. It doesn't mean he has some grand plan for confiscation followed by ethnic cleansing.

The one constant in his government has always been utter ineptitude, and I have no reason to believe he could pull off confiscation any better. It'll just be another way his cronies grease their palms, granting licenses and exceptions the same way they do for folks smuggling toilet paper.

Gun ownership may be a necessary condition for a polite society but in no way is it a sufficient condition. Look at the most dangerous city in the world, San Pedro de Sula: gun culture is prevalent, open and concealed carry are common, and it hasn't made Honduras a better place.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Honduras
Then again, who knows how bad it would have been in Honduras if legal ownership had been banned.

I apologize for entering a three-paragraph, carefully researched discussion into your thread of not-so-clever one-liners. I'd hate to make anybody think before tapping out a few keystrokes.

The crime has been bad for a long time in Venezuela, but lately it's off the charts: kidnappings for ransom, robberies, rapes, you name it. Maduro has to be seen as doing something, and writing ridiculous laws is what lawmakers do, after all. It doesn't mean he has some grand plan for confiscation followed by ethnic cleansing.

The one constant in his government has always been utter ineptitude, and I have no reason to believe he could pull off confiscation any better. It'll just be another way his cronies grease their palms, granting licenses and exceptions the same way they do for folks smuggling toilet paper.

Gun ownership may be a necessary condition for a polite society but in no way is it a sufficient condition. Look at the most dangerous city in the world, San Pedro de Sula: gun culture is prevalent, open and concealed carry are common, and it hasn't made Honduras a better place.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Honduras
Then again, who knows how bad it would have been in Honduras if legal ownership had been banned.

:D All normal under a leftist government, but now they have new concerns that's going to kill their economy. Oil is crashing and 70% of the countries income is from the sale of oil. Good thing our borders are open so all the criminals can come up here to get away from the dictator.o_O

I apologize for entering a three-paragraph, carefully researched discussion into your thread of not-so-clever one-liners. I'd hate to make anybody think before tapping out a few keystrokes.

:D Forgive us for not bowing down to your long winded brilliance. We all feel so graced with your input.:s0140:

Honduras & The Congo = Sun People
Switzerland & Japan = Ice People

Sure brings out the alinskiites doesn't it lol.
Now in full glory worshiping the SAmerican dictators and spinning pretend webs on 594. Funny to observe.

Last Edited:
I so enjoy these countries with their petty, corrupt dictatorships chastising the US in the UN. I say cut aid to any country south of the Rio Grande in the Western Hemisphere. Get your own houses in order South American countries.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads