JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So after talking to Joey and a few others at the meet up last week (yea, I did end up making it after all) I got to thinking. It seems in the "outdoor activities" section, why not a vehicles forum?

As firearm owners and by proxy lovers of the outdoors, there should be a place on here where we can talk about what we use to get out of the city. Especially since at least one of the sponsors of the site (Dave's Auto Repair) doesn't sell guns or other stuff.

Any thoughts or comments?

How do you get conspiracy in a vehicle forum? Big bad gas man trying to keep us down?!

Politics I understand, when the greenies try to shut down offroad trails and the like.

This isn't exactly what I was thinking, there are other boards for that, I was more thinking write-ups, how-tos and the like. At the meet-up besides guns, one of the more common threads was offroad vehicles.

Speaking of which, I just put a shackle-lift on my cherokee (the one with the saggy rear springs) just to bring the back end up enough so the car sits level.

So?? Yes, no or maybe??

I really do think it would be a benefit here. I remember a thread where someone needed a head gasket changed in a Chevy pickup and he didn't want to pay to have a shop do it. People gave him instruction on how to do it and even offered help. It may not be the most active forum, but I think it would get used and be a benefit to the community.

I'm all for it, I like vehicle stuff. Although my car isn't going anywhere off-road, lol! Ford Focus ST, doesn't really have the ground clearance or suspension travel for that kind of stuff! My Subaru Impreza 2.5RS was fun off-road though.

I would like to see one as well. Nice and easy type stuff, not as hardcore as Pirate.

Pansy.

:p

I'm game....somewhere else for me to look at stuff and get ideas for the money pit I don't have yet.....

Typical sob story for me...."sold my hot rod when the 1st kid was born".....I used to chuckle at those guys when I sold speed parts....then I became one...:s0112:

I think vehicles have their own special forums and really don't need to be discussed on our gun forum. But that's just my 2 cents. Why start something up that is already covered in another specialized place elsewhere?

I think vehicles have their own special forums and really don't need to be discussed on our gun forum. But that's just my 2 cents. Why start something up that is already covered in another specialized place elsewhere?

Because relationships are being developed here, and it can be nice to talk with people about other aspects of life. I could go back to the Porsche forum, but the membership is global and any hope of having a meaningful relationship with people relatively close to home is not going to happen.

My $0.02

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top