JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am looking for a used police style shotgun mount for a vehicle. Any ideas on where to get one. Online stores are LE only.

When you try to purchase one online it asks you for an affiliation? I've considered this myself for security when traveling. These guys have tons of mounts. http://www.chiefsupply.com You sure that you can't just place an order? It's not illegal to have one right and it seems to make sense that anyone wanting to secure there weapons from thieves would want one and would be a good thing right, but then I don't have the "Federal" mentality I guess.

Last Edited:
Quote: It's screaming break into my car!!!

a. It depends on where it's mounted in the vehicle, there are several types available, (trunk mount, floor mount) and whether you can see inside the vehicle. My truck is pretty hard to see into unless you were planning on breaking into already.

b. breaking in is one thing and getting something valuable before I get back is another.

If you think that, you are paranoid. I have left guns in a regular old gun rack for years, no issues. A lot of it is the look of your vehicle. Mine is intimidating and also hard to see into, being lifted with dark windows. Also, the mount I want is locking.

A car or truck is inanimate and not intimidating.Thieves could care less about your big tires and tinted windows,sorry.
I always think the guy is 5'2 and has a small...never mind.
Not intimidating

Now a early Caddy with the keys in the ignition?
Intimidating.
Definitely says "swimmen wit da fishes"

If you can't see the rack from outside the vehicle then nobody will have a clue that there might be a firearm inside.There are many mounts or sleeves that hang on the seat back that can be secured by a cable lock.
Not those silly bike locks,a nice,thick cable and a high quality lock from the seat mount to the action.
Otherwise one of those nice under seat gun vaults come to mind

Maybe a bungee cord hooked to the heater vents? Layin it on the dash?

Thanks for your concerns, but I'm not worried. I did not ask to be talked out of wanting one, just if anybody has one or knows where I can get one. Do police cars get broken into and the ARs and shotguns stolen? Nope, cause the police car intimidates the crook. It's not for going to the store either, or my daily commute.

Thanks for your concerns, but I'm not worried. I did not ask to be talked out of wanting one, just if anybody has one or knows where I can get one. Do police cars get broken into and the ARs and shotguns stolen? Nope, cause the police car intimidates the crook. It's not for going to the store either, or my daily commute.

Read a article, a while back, of one stolen from a cruiser right in front of his home..

If you think that, you are paranoid. I have left guns in a regular old gun rack for years, no issues. A lot of it is the look of your vehicle. Mine is intimidating and also hard to see into, being lifted with dark windows. Also, the mount I want is locking.

A lifted truck is about as intimidating as a box of Junior Mints. The look of your vehicle DOES have something to do with it, however...I'll bet your lifted truck says "I have money".

GO TO : thegungrabber.com
Coast guard uses them and the system is cool with rubber but cups and a nice rubber forearm surround. Made for ATV or UTV or Boat
Kind of an independent company willing to fit your need.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top