JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for holsters that would attach either to the front seat or somewhat under the front seat. I have no place for one between the seat and the console and for me waist band holsters don't work with seat belts.

Any suggestions?

BlackHawk has there Serpa Quick disconnect system. i was kinda interested in the system, but have been unable to locate a store/dealer that has them in stock to get a real feel for the system.

I wanted to get one for under my steering column, but the way I understand the Washington law is that it has to be un loaded and the mag has to be in a separate location

I always thought it had to be on your person if it's loaded, even with a concealed.

I have a holster bolted to the back of the cab in my wheelin rig. High bolstered seats and a double stack 1911 aren't real comfortable for hours.

RCW 9.41.050 (2) (a)

A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

It appears that as long as you are within the vehicle, and have a cpl, you can keep it under the steering column.

I was told by a WSP trooper that to be loaded it had to be on my person, I had it in the console while I was driving and informed the officer it's location. I think it ends up being a matter of interpretation by the officer.

I was told by a WSP trooper that to be loaded it had to be on my person, I had it in the console while I was driving and informed the officer it's location. I think it ends up being a matter of interpretation by the officer.

Read the state law, not hearing from cop/trooper.

BlackHawk has there Serpa Quick disconnect system. i was kinda interested in the system, but have been unable to locate a store/dealer that has them in stock to get a real feel for the system.

Just order it off Amazon. Its fairly cheap.
I utilize the Blackhawk QD roto system and its held up very well.
Car, backpack face plate, thigh rig for competition training, hip holster and even our bathroom (started as a joke now its a great place to set the pistol when I have to do my business)

.. Its proven to be pretty tough polymer to boot.

Reading the State law is fine bit the bottom line is the cop you're dealing with is going to apply that law based on his interpretation of all the vagaries in that law thanks to the legislature. Test him at your own risk. Read Dave Workman's write-up about WA gun laws.

Don't understand why people feel the need to make the laws more complex than they are.

(ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

If they'd intended for the statute to mandate having the gun on the licensed person only and at all times, then the second sentence makes no sense whatsoever and would not have been included. Of course the licensee would be in the vehicle with the weapon if the gun is in his pocket or on his belt.

Clearly (to me anyway) the legislature envisioned us using places such as center consoles as a carry method and that's why (ii) is there.

Maybe not a bad idea to carry a copy of the RCW with your insurance and registration.

There was a recent appeals court ruling in an Oregon CC case. When stopped a driver didn't immediately tell the officer he was armed. The officer ticketed the driver. The appeals court said there is nothing in the law that mandates CC holders to notify an officer.

In most places, you need a CC to have a loaded gun in your car or on your person in public. It does not have to be on your person unless it specifically says so in the state law.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top