Buster Beaver Cerakote
HighLine Firearms
Simply Triggers
Gun Deals
Oregon Rifleworks
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Reactions
Copy... I have added a small flattened roll of TP, gloves, a wool helmet liner type of hat, and a half roll of blue shop towels, a couple protein bars, and a travel size Kleenex pack. My picnic basket is just about full !

Road Kit add-on.jpg

Reactions
An entire roll of toilet paper.

Depending on what you are trying to be prepared for - a good set of bolt cutters.

Hummm... I guess it might be a bigger emergency then expected. 🤣

I also have: a Sawyer mini water filter, tubing , dirty bag and 2 liter clean bag; sling shot and ammo; a couple of Mountain House meals; and dryer lint or cotton balls with petroleum jelly in an old film canister.

Knobgoblin

Reactions
Hummm... I guess it might be a bigger emergency then expected. 🤣

I also have: a Sawyer mini water filter, tubing , dirty bag and 2 liter clean bag; sling shot and ammo; a couple of Mountain House meals; and dryer lint or cotton balls with petroleum jelly in an old film canister.
95bd0c2a8ee7e0e85f14850d2efe3eaf.jpg

Kids today have no idea what these miniature garbage cans are for.

gryghin

Reactions
Any medical needs?

I don't remember pain killers on the initial list.

Also, we keep hard candies in a zip lock bag and changed it out after Halloween when the kids were young.

Reactions
My wife was upset one Christmas, I had bought her a nice tool set for her car for emergencies... she thanked me the first time it saved the day on a trip far from home...

I’ve always had a 50 cal ammo can full of tools in my vehicle as a young man (before marrying) then it grew to a larger plastic tub once I was in charge of keeping my family safe.

Reactions
That should be a last resort. The amount of pressure required would damage alot of tissue.
Major tissue damage. 550 cord is way to thin to use as a tourniquet. Ideally you want at least and inch to inch and a half in material width. Last resort is spot on. Just carry at CAT tourniquet and you’re good to go. I carry one on my person and at least three in my truck.

Knobgoblin

Reactions
Surprised no one has mentioned big trash bags, cut holes to make a poncho, lay on snow when chaining up, spread out in the trunk bringing home plants, etc. etc..
I snap up pallet bag that show up clean and undamaged at work.
Almost a passable tent. But typically just used in cross town moves.

slimmer13

Reactions
Major tissue damage. 550 cord is way to thin to use as a tourniquet. Ideally you want at least and inch to inch and a half in material width. Last resort is spot on. Just carry at CAT tourniquet and you’re good to go. I carry one on my person and at least three in my truck.

I think everyone should try on a CAT where it's tight enough that you can't feel a pulse in that limb. It's not comfortable at all. I couldn't imagine a piece of cord.

Reactions
I think everyone should try on a CAT where it's tight enough that you can't feel a pulse in that limb. It's not comfortable at all. I couldn't imagine a piece of cord.
Yea CAT tourniquets don’t feel great but they sure work good. When we would do training you never wanted to piss off your training partner. Extra crank or two and you’re really feeling it. Haha. A lot of people don’t know how to place or correctly apply a tourniquet.

Southwest Firearms Forum
NW Custom Firearms
Cerberus Training Group
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
DSG Arms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Project Appleseed
Sporting Systems

Upcoming Events

22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond, OR