JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was in high school in Oregon, we always had Rifles and shotguns in the gun racks. Ammo was locked in the glovebox, no one ever gave us any trouble. That was 20 yeas ago, I doubt that's allowed anymore.

When I was in high school in Oregon, we always had Rifles and shotguns in the gun racks. Ammo was locked in the glovebox, no one ever gave us any trouble. That was 20 yeas ago, I doubt that's allowed anymore.

On the state level Oregon prohibits concealment of readily accessible handguns in vehicles, and any firearms upon a person (ORS 166.250). State law doesn't care if the firearm is loaded or not. So a long gun can be in vehicle in any shape or form. CHL exempts from those restrictions.

On the city level loaded firearms are prohibited in many municipalities, thus a loaded rifle in the vehicle would not be allowed in such places, but there wouldn't be an issue with unloaded rifle. CHL exempts from those restrictions as well.

Finally, on the federal level a firearm has to be not only unloaded, but also locked in the trunk or gun rack (for long guns) when within 1000ft of a school. CHL also exempts from this requirement.

Right. I didn't say anything about the law. Just that 20 years ago that's what we did and there was never a problem. But we were also taught to value life, and had no desire to shoot anybody, just small woodland creatures. We were trusted I guess is what it comes down to.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top